The Data scientist will assist in our efforts to expand our capabilities within Positive Train Control analytics. This role will use analytical, statistical, and programming knowledge to collect, analyze and interpret large data sets. Experienced candidate needs to be innovative and show proven ability to work independently on big projects.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related field.
• 5 years+ experience in data analytics, data mining and statistical analysis.
• Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills.
• Must have a clear understanding and implementation of different machine learning algorithms such as logistic regression, decision trees, SVM, Naïve Bayes, KNN, neural networks, gradient descent, Random forest, etc.
• Experience working with structured and unstructured data.
• SQL experience is a must.
• Ability to understand business requirements, collaborate with team, provide ideas, and clearly present new findings/ solutions.
• Strong understanding of basic statistics, linear algebra and calculus.
• Programming background and exposure to python is required.
• Able to build analytics solution from scratch. Includes data exploration, extraction, cleaning, transformation, modeling, testing and implementation.
• Expertise in building machine learning algorithms using at least one of the following languages: Python, R and Scala
• Exposure to any reporting tool. Tableau is preferred.
• Experience working with natural language processing and text mining.
• Open to learn new tools and technologies.
• Able to adapt to fast-paced working environment.
• Worked on big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and its eco system. (pyspark is a plus)
• Knowledge on streaming is bonus, especially with Kafka.
Apex Systems, a division of On Assignment, provides organizations with scalable IT staffing solutions to address critical gaps in their current workforce and augment workforce management strategies. We specialize in providing IT professionals for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct placements to clients in Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies. Our specialized technology and industry practice groups help us match the most talented and qualified technical professionals to great companies across the country.
Apex and parent company On Assignment combine to be the 2nd largest IT staffing company in the U.S.
Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Open-Ended-Contracts and Permanent IT Placements
Benefits are provided through Apex for qualified employees and include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Referral Program
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178