At WellCare, we are moving technology forward and you are invited along for the journey. IT associates have the chance to work with amazing, talented teams on exciting projects and make a real impact on their careers, among their associates and in the community. In our complex, enterprise-level IT environment, you will find plenty of opportunity to gain exposure and experience within various areas of the business. Come work with applications that are revolutionizing the healthcare industry and bring your innovative ideas to WellCare.
Provide advanced analytics expertise for developing and supporting predictive models and other analytic algorithms. Will demonstrate technical expertise and work in partnership with business analysts, product managers, communication experts, clinicians and others to seek answers to key business questions through application of machine learning, statistical analysis and data mining techniques. Will also generate innovative ideas and serve as a thought leader. Mentor others and interact with senior executives and business partners.
- Generate innovative ideas and act as one of the thought leaders in selecting use cases for applicability of machine learning, appropriate modeling techniques and technologies, and determining success criteria and implementation methodologies.
- Use healthcare payment, operational and clinical data and external data sets to create predictive algorithms to gain insights.
- Automate existing models and metrics to track production performance.
- Mentor and validate the work of Associate and mid-level Data Scientist(s).
- Synthesize analysis and results into compelling story lines, and communicate findings to senior executives and business partners.
- Evangelize the power of analytics to improve business and operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related
- Required 5 years of experience in Data Science, Analytics, Statistics or comparable quantitative position
- Required 1 year of experience in Healthcare
- Preferred 1 year of experience in Experience leading others
- Advanced Other Deep understanding of machine learning and data mining techniques including but not limited to algorithms for NLP, image analysis, regression and classification.
- Advanced Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Advanced Demonstrated written communication skills
- Advanced Ability to work as part of a team
- Advanced Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Advanced Other Familiarity with Big Data technologies
- Advanced Other Passion and ability to surface insights from large data sets and build a data-driven narrative
- Advanced Other Experience working with large volumes of data using variety of statistical tools and techniques
- Advanced Other Ability to understand complex business problems and break down analytics projects into a structured approach
- Advanced Other Knowledge of data sources, tools, statistical principles and methodologies, and techniques
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Advanced Other Structured Programming Language (e.g., Java, C, Python, etc.)
- Required Advanced Other Database Query construction
- Required Advanced Other Big Data technologies
- Required Advanced Other Statistical tools (e.g., SPSS, SAS, ScyPy, etc.)
- Required Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Preferred Intermediate Other Reporting Tools (Tableau, Cognos)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Visio
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses exclusively on providing government-sponsored managed care services through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs. The company serves approximately 4.4 million members nationwide as of Dec. 31, 2017. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 9,000 associates across the country and was ranked a ''World's Most Admired Company'' in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at www.wellcare.com. EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age forty (40) and over, disability, veteran status, or national origin.