Type of Requisition:Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top Secret/SCI
Suitability:No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:None
Job Family:Data Science
★This position is NOT yet funded★ Our Intelligence & Homeland Security team has a exciting new opportunity for a Mid-Level Data Scientist to provide on-site data science support to advance Latin America and Global drug trend analyses in support of the Consolidated Counterdrug Database (CCDB).
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Data entry into the digital foundation in counter-narcotics data Artificial Intelligence ( AI), Machine Learning (ML), data mining algorithms, probability modeling, and other scientific techniques to correlate complex, technical findings into graphical, written, visual and verbal narrative products on trends of intelligence information
- Apply technical expertise to leverage in-house tools such as Rand Python scripts to generate insights into existing data stores, to include CCDB
- Employ deep knowledge of existing and emerging " big data" processing tools and techniques useful in delivering strategic insights to policy makers in the counterdrug mission
- Identify new classified and unclassified data stores of massive size and relevance to the counter-narcotics mission to enhance CCDB data enrichment efforts or provide unique analytic insights into counterdrug issues
- Engage in exploratory analysis and rapid iteration techniques of large volumes of data to quickly derive intelligence. Prepares products to describe and document findings and activities
- Identify and evaluate a wide range of existing methods, models, and algorithms to develop more accurate and/or objective quantitative analysis approaches for CCDB data completeness, accuracy and consistency. Clearly articulate opportunities, risks and assumptions with applied methodologies. Communicate findings to a wide variety of customers, in both written and verbal formats; ability to communicate complex information in laymen's terms
- Participate in special projects / surge support as required
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 8 years of related experience, with at least a portion of the experience in the past 2 years
- TS/SCI with Poly. Or, the ability to obtain a Poly.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Travel Required:Less than 10%
Telecommuting Options:Telecommuting Not Allowed
Work Location:USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.