HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Human Resources, Analytics department. Submit your application today!
We are seeking a Data Scientist II for our Human Resources Group (HRG) to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
The Data Scientist II develops statistical analyses, machine learning (ML), and natural language processing solutions to support our human resources professionals in order to save lives and support the care of HCA patients. This technically focused position is responsible for understanding challenges/problems within healthcare workforce markets and leveraging data science to deliver real-time predictions and signals which enable our workforce to provide to better care for our patients.
The Data Scientist II will work as part of a team to deliver data science products from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating & exploring data, building & validating predictive and causal models, and deploying completed models to deliver impactful results to the organization. They will also design and implement monitoring of product function and performance. A Data Scientist II conforms to department processes and standards. The Data Scientist II is a highly motivated self-starter, is a continual learner, and is committed to delivering high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines.
Machine Learning Development
- Perform descriptive, exploratory and inferential statistical analysis as well as supervised and unsupervised machine learning.
- Use front-end tools and interfaces (e.g. notification and alert systems, dashboard reports) for internal clients to view and interact with processed data.
- Stay on the cutting edge of technology, Data Science, and Machine Learning Engineering.
- Develop deep expertise in working with people, operational, and financial data.
- Perform data gathering (SQL, etc.) and data cleaning/wrangling.
- Develop Machine Learning applications with industry-standard programming languages such as Python and R.
- Perform feature engineering & modeling with people, operational, and financial data.
- Produce high quality, modular, reusable code that incorporates coding best practices and serves as an example for less experienced Data Scientists.
- Design and implement highly scalable applications that take advantage of distributed infrastructure on physical and cloud servers with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Apache Kafka.
- Work collaboratively with engineering team to evolve Data Science Integration configuration/customization for different environments.
- Create and execute test cases (both automated and manual).
- Possess knowledge and experience with different phases of testing (unit testing, integration testing, performance testing).
- Participate in various code review activities.
- Be incorporated in development teams from design to deployment of enterprise services.
- Define and help implement processes and standards for Machine Learning tools, code, testing, and product deployment for the HRG Advanced Analytics Team.
- Train and mentor other Data Scientists with respect to Data Science techniques and tools, mathematical and statistical understanding of Machine Learning, and industry best practices for Data Science development and solutions.
- Provide feedback on the work of data scientists across different groups at HCA.
- Engage with stakeholders to define problem and impact of possible Data Science solutions.
- Influences, persuades, or convinces others to achieve meaningful discussion/results.
- Possess excellent communication skills to interface with various stakeholders from business consumer to technical staff.
- Write strategic documents for business leaders. Lead discussion and presentation to senior groups. Maintain authoritative relationships.
- Work as part of a team and work independently.
- Form internal/external relationships necessary to be successful.
- Generate collaboration between teams.
- Complete assignments on time.
- Anticipate likely adverse events and problems. Facilitate conversation and solution amongst peers and partners across enterprise.
- Accurately report issues and status to project management.
- Lead troubleshooting activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
- Typical work week hours can vary depending on workload and project deliverables.