In this role you will use Operations Research, Data Science methods and tools to plan and optimize operations at Stitch Fix. You will build algorithmic solutions to solve business problems around demand and capacity planning, personalized allocation, logistics and warehouse operations - all with the goal to support client satisfaction and company growth.
- Perform analyses and build frameworks / solutions to deliver insights for operational decisions
- Co-lead the design of cross-functional business processes that leverages what humans and algorithms respectively do best
- Maintain and improve algorithmic capabilities in areas such as capacity planning, allocation and warehouse operations
- Define, build, and deploy algorithmic capabilities that span multiple functions within the business
- Identify and estimate trade-offs between business objectives, such as efficiency, cost, and customer satisfaction. Design, implement, and analyze A/B tests
- 2 years of experience supporting operational roles (demand planning, supply planning, capacity management, operations)
- A Ph.D. or Masters degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Marketing, Econometrics, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields
- Experience writing code (Python preferred) in production environments where you have learned industry practices such as unit testing and code reviews.
- The ability to quickly and iteratively prototype analyses and algorithms
- A deep understanding business processes, and have experience working with people with different backgrounds, priorities, and responsibilities
- The ability to explain complex concepts well and move decisions forward in collaboration with your business partners
- An inquisitive nature, and you scrutinize functional efforts through the lens of constantly improving the client experience and the business
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenges. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don't take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix is redefining retail shopping using a unique blend of art and science to deliver a deeply personalized service to our customers. This novel juxtaposition—at once analytic and artistic, technical and adventurous—attracts an extraordinary collection of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. Our diverse workforce has catalyzed enormous company growth over the past three years in terms of customer satisfaction and service efficacy. We’d love for you to help us carry on the trend.