Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350 employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Singapore and London. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc, and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About our Data Scientist Role:
We are currently looking for a Data Scientist or Senior Data Scientist depending on your experience.
We are looking for a data scientist who is excited by the challenge of solving big data problems using a wide array of modeling and analytical techniques. Members of Foursquare’s data science team are responsible for owning important methodological components of our products. Specifically, this role will have a heavy focus on our attribution product,Placed powered by Foursquare. This person has the opportunity to tackle the challenges posed by continuous flow of massive data from heterogeneous sources (often have different data structures as well).
This individual has a strong understanding of data science concepts and techniques across the disciplines of applied statistics and machine learning. This individual brings a pragmatic approach to analysis problems, able to provide triage support and pre-production solutions for clients as needed. This role carries the responsibility of developing new product features and building scalable prototypes of novel methodologies from the ground up. Communication skills using data visualization for effectively sharing insights found in data with stakeholders will be a plus.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Leverage supervised and unsupervised learning techniques to develop scalable prototypes for new product features and client-facing metrics with a focus on media measurement
- Collaborate with engineering teams and other DS groups on methodology development and research ahead of production implementations
- Support pre-production client DS needs and triage
- Lead cross-team cooperation and mentor junior scientists
- 4+ years of work or educational experience in data science, machine learning, applied statistics, and/or applied mathematics
- Master’s degree or comparable research experience in a quantitative field
- Proven track record of delivering on products and/or practical research endeavors
- Programing skill for data science and analytics (experience with the Python data science stack and/or R, as well as SQL)
- Experience with Spark, AWS EMR or similar frameworks is a plus
- Experience with ad tech, specifically involving media measurement, is also a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.