Reperio, Inc., a Boston area executive search firm, is seeking a Predictive Modeling Data Scientist for one of its clients. Our client is a top-tier, global consulting firm. Data Scientists work within integrated teams from enterprise improvement to turnaround and restructuring. Specifically, in your role as a Data Scientist, you will build predictive and prescriptive models and be challenged to then present the business case for the value of these models to your client.
- Predictive Modeling
- Utilize algorithmic/programming toolkit, build predictive models to improve profitability, growth, retention and other key performance indicators for clients
- Apply and select (un)supervised algorithms equal or similar to the following: segmentation models, elastic net regularization for regression, random forests, generalized boosted models, generalized additive models, support vector machines, neural networks, and time-series forecasting
- Implement formal modeling processes from end to end including data gathering, data profiling, numerical model building, calibration, cross-validation, putting product into production, etc.
- After building the models, pilot “scorecards” to track model performance and calculated improvement to business
- Explain complex modeling approaches in layman’s terms and discuss modeling results and business case impacts with non-technical business users
- Data Munging
- Collect data from a wide variety of corporate databases, including various SQL databases (Microsoft, Oracle, Netezza, Redshift etc.), no-SQL databases, and Excel files
- Be comfortable creating ad-hoc scripts using regular expressions /HTML to extract information from un-structured text documents or webpages
- Handle missing data through an algorithmic approach such as multiple imputations to enable insights in sparse and messy data.
- Use your inner whiz-kid to feature engineer the data to boost model accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, business, statistics, economics, computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-12 years of directly related experience.
- Strongly motivated to be a player in a team which is constantly working to improve themselves through discovering new analytics techniques and software tools to improve the quality of work.
- Strong understanding and proficiency of predictive modeling techniques.
- Ability to co-lead projects of all sizes from inception through completion in an Agile environment.
- Superior research, statistical, analytical, processing and mathematical skills with ability to structure and conduct analyses.
- Ability to engage in model discussions with co-workers and give feedback as required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SQL, data repository tools such as Git and at least one of the following: Spark, R, H2o and/or Python.
- Ability to use cloud-based Machine-Learning services in Azure and/or AWS.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present data and modeling results effectively at a variety of levels of technical understanding.
- Adaptability and the capability of multi-tasking and strong time management.
- Thrive in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment comprised of high achievers and high client expectations.
- Ability to work in a team environment and dynamically align to changing business conditions.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 80%. Locations include Boston, Dallas, New York and San Francisco.
To be considered, please forward your resume to: