Applied Data Scientist
The Wolters Kluwer Global Platform Organization co-creates products and solutions with Wolters Kluwer businesses around the globe to serve professionals in the Legal, Tax, Heath, Finance and Compliance sectors. This wide and growing array of solutions supports business units in building and expanding their online product portfolios. The Global Platform Organization provides global leverage of industry and customer insight, driving technology capabilities for local product innovation.
Do you want to use your skills and talent to make a meaningful impact to deliver expert solutions in a diverse set of professional domains: healthcare, compliance, legal and regulatory and tax and accounting?
Wolters Kluwer is a fast-growing and innovation-driven global company that has successfully made a transition from print publishing to a digitally-driven provider of professional software, online expert content and integrated workflow products.
We are searching for a data scientist who is passionate about technology and solving real world problems to build models and applications in areas such Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing. You should be willing to take on challenges of unknown dimensions, and work hand in hand with business, product leaders, customers, and developers. You will need to have very strong technical skills in data sciences and a proven ability to deliver products to the market.
* Develop Predictive models with AI, Deep Learning networks, Gradient Boosting, Random Forest, SVM, and Logistic Regression using both generative and discriminative algorithms
* Perform data insights analysis using clustering, agglomerative clustering, graph based clustering, and analysis
* Define and develop features (abstract), selections, and ranking with PCA, Ridge/Lasso, or Deep Learning
* Model problems using Differential/Difference Equations, ARMA/ARIMA, Monte Carlo methods or Markov models
* Develop algorithms using Reinforcement Learning and/or similar methods
* Engage as a key member of the advanced technology team to investigate solutions and support their delivery to production
* Rapidly research, experiment and build prototypes using commercial, Open Source and proprietary solutions for machine learning, deep learning and NLP including an assessment of production suitability
* Develop data science solutions in a highly collaborative team, that can cost effectively be leveraged across the organization
* Communicate prototype results in an actionable form, including lessons learned and next steps for technical teams in the AI CoE and other technology groups
* Identify and drive best practices for data science solutions development
* A self-starter who can align the technology solution with a business goal
* Assess various machine learning frameworks and packages
* Collaborate effectively with other data sciences teams across Wolters Kluwer to align on direction and leverage existing tools and knowledge
* Monitor trends in Machine Learning, Deep Learning and NLP to influence the solutions within all Wolters Kluwer divisions
* Author peer reviewed journal articles and white papers related to the Data Science solutions
* Required Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
* Preferred: PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent; specializing in machine learning or a related field
* A passion for excellence and exceeding customer expectations is required
* Active listening skills, and deep analytical ability are required
* 1 year experience in Software engineering
* 1 year experience in analyzing data
* Familiar with Python and Shell Scripts
* Experience in Text Mining and NLP is highly recommended
* Demonstrated ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams across technology and business
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrate professional scholarly activity: conference presentations, published in peer-reviewed publications / journals is required
The following is highly desired, but not required:
* PhD with academic experience in machine learning or deep learning or NLP
* Strongly prefer Experience in Data Science, Machine Learning, and/or Deep Learning
* Strongly prefer Experience in programming in languages such as Python, R, Java, or C/C
* Experience in Reinforcement Learning
* Experience with containerized solutions
* Experience with DevOps, continuous integration, test automation, Git flow
* Experience with SPARQL and other no-SQL data bases a plus
* Experience with XML, XML Schema, XSLT
* Experience with semantics web technologies such as RDF, OWL, RDFa a plus
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2018 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled