Apex Systems has an immediate opening for a Data Scientist opening for a 'top 15 place to work in IT' in the D.C metro Area. See below for details on this opening.
If interested in this position please contact Brian Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about the opening.
As a member of the Market Regulation’s research and analytics team, the candidate will be responsible for designing dynamic multi-market and multi-products predictive analytics and/or advanced data abstraction models for the equity, options, cross-product and fixed income markets.
You will be performing ad hoc market analysis in support of the Market Regulation Department’s (“MRD”) surveillance patterns programs.
Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for the strategic application of advanced analytical methods, such as supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning techniques, along with market domain knowledge and market micro-structure understanding to the detection and analysis of market manipulation and market conduct rule violations.
This role will be responsible for working with various business units within market regulation in identifying patterns in large volumes of data that may indicate potentially violated market activities, as well as detecting and understanding trends in the market place.
Essential Job Functions:
- Strategic design of quantitative multi-market and multi-products predictive models for detecting market manipulation and market conduct rule violations leveraging large volumes of equity, options, and fixed income data.
- Implement appropriate methods and tools, including machine learning techniques and visualization tools, for the efficient and timely analysis and disposition of alerts and detection of new behaviors of regulatory interest.
- Contribute to design of the market data abstraction layer which is designed to provide uniformed, pre-linked, and pre-analyzed view of the market data for Market Regulation Department’s surveillance patterns and analytical tools.
- Contribute to the evolution of the MRDs’ surveillance program responsive to market trends and developments.
- Provide efficient quantitative support for market studies, examinations, and ongoing investigations
- Assist in performing regulatory impact assessments of the industry’s, Regulatory Service Agreement(“RSA“) clients’ initiatives on the MRD’s Cross-Market and Self-Regulatory Organization (“SRO”) specific equity, options, and examination programs.
- Adapt MRD’s surveillance and examination program to new rules and initiatives.
- Support management and others to inform internal and external constituents on overall program vision, strategy, operations, processes, and implementation status.
- Engage team members and management to identify issues and problems and to devise solutions. Includes working with other groups to develop risk scores, profiles, peer comparisons, financial performance, exposures against limits, and other risk analyses.
- Support the comprehensive and successful execution of the team’s programs in an efficient and effective manner.
- Lead and participate in ad hoc special projects and national initiatives, as requested.
- Ensure all assigned activities are completed according to prescribed policies and standards.
- Coordinate and provide status reports of assigned tasks or projects.
- Maintain and develop deep understanding of financial markets and products, and stay current on developments in financial regulation.
- Fulfill administrative reporting tasks
- Five years’ experience in a relevant field or three years’ experience with a Masters or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or other relevant field.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Data Mining & Machine Learning algorithms, R, SQL, Python, Databricks is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate analyses and research to business domains effectively.
- Strong and demonstrated propensity for independent thinking and innovative problem-solving resulting in measurable business impact
- Experience building models and/or applications using financial market and exchange data from varied sources highly desirable.
- Strong market micro-structure understanding (order types, matching engine algorithms, etc.) and demonstrated usage of such is strongly preferred.
- Trading experience (including design of algorithmic systems and understanding of asset pricing) highly desirable.
- Experience working in AWS environment is desirable.
- •Work is normally performed in an office environment.
- •Some travel may be required.
- Remote can be available after first
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178