Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to help us better understand our users and build better products. This person will apply quantitative analysis, modeling and data mining to improve background check process and grow the Checkr business. We are a fast-paced and growing team. The ideal candidate works effectively in a cross-functional environment and is comfortable communicating with both technical and business stakeholders.
- You will be a strategic thought partner for leaders across the organization on driving business impact through machine learning
- Develop innovative ML/AI solutions for challenging business problems that are fundamental for Checkr
- Own end-to-end productionization of the machine learning algorithms including prototyping new ideas and writing code for A/B tests and production
- Architect, build, and launch efficient & reliable new data models, schemas and pipelines to enable analysis and modeling
- Conceptualizing, developing, and maintaining dashboards and visualizations for models in production
- Keeping up with the state of the art performances by attending conferences and reading paper
- Write and review data technical documents, including requirements and design documents
- Effectively communicate results and insights to the R&D stakeholders and company leadership
- Coaching and mentoring other Checkrs to foster a data-driven culture across the enterprise
What you bring:
- 7 years professional experience in quantitative analysis or statistical modeling, or MS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, econometrics, computer science, applied mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering) or equivalent experience
- Experience using machine learning to solve real-world problems with large datasets
- Strong programming skills in Python and fluency in data manipulation (SQL, Spark, Pandas) and machine learning (scikit-learn, XGBoost, Keras/Tensorflow) tools
- Comfortable handling projects of significant complexity and ambiguity
- Proven ability to communicate technical knowledge to a business audience
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, ability to initiate and drive projects with minimal oversight and guidance
- Ability to encourage and motivate the team to go above and beyond
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including theSan Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.