Smartronix, LLC, is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal, State and local Governments, as well as to Fortune 500 commercial clients. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
In the position ofData Scientist, the incumbent will support theNaval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) in driving change and devising how data can be integrated, controlled, distributed, and accessed by programs, business units and operators across the enterprise.
Smartronix is seeking anenthusiasticdata scientist with the desire to harness data through the application of data science principles, tools, and methods and to share this knowledge as a mentor and coach for others. The individual will support the NAVAIR Digital Group in establishing practical and applied data science practices at NAVAIR, and in solving complex problems that have data driven solutions. This individual will additionally mentor and instruct employees during this process with the goal or sharing their knowledge and growing the data science skill base in Southern Maryland.
- Experience in one or more functional programming languages, especially Java or Python
- Experience deploying and managing applications with Docker
- Able to clearly communicate (speaking and writing) technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience with data engineering and data security practices
- Experience managing, unifying, and automating dataflows from disparate sources
- Experience working on agile programs
- Experience with agile tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Understanding of cloud architecture
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Masters Degree (preferred) or Bachelors Degree (required). Heavy preference given to Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Science, or a similar quantitative field
- 5 years related work experience with Masters (7 with Bachelors)
- 2 to 4 years of programming experience with the ability to write / maintain scripts in Python (or other scripting languages)
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Working knowledge of data format conversion
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to obtain a DOD clearance required.