Location: Washington, DC
Division: Ipsos Science Center GMU
The Ipsos Science Center is a uniquely positioned group within Ipsos. We develop analytic tools and perform analyses both for clients and internal teams, respond to advanced analytic requests, and consult on a broad range of statistical, data and research best practices. Working in a collaborative and supportive environment, we seek to expand what is possible in market research with data science.
We’re looking for someone with a deep interest in data and analytics and the dedication to apply that passion. We need someone that possesses the technical ability and the communication skills to implement data science methods for a diverse set of client needs, uncover insights, and relate them concisely and clearly to stakeholders at varying levels of technical sophistication. The role also requires conscientious attention to detail, an ability to work well on a small team, and a self-starter approach to problem solving and debugging.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Work closely with team members on design and execution of large-scale modeling efforts, including programming, statistical analysis, and reporting
- Collaborate on programming new data science products by translating needs identified with clients into analytic frameworks that can be developed into polished applications.
- Build, maintain and enhance codebases underlying key applications
- Support other marketing science analyses for clients as required
- Communicate with and provide consulting for internal teams and external clients on data models, analysis findings, process efficiency, and marketing science best practices
- Proficiency in advanced R and/or Python programming, including the ability to produce and maintain reusable and modular codebases
- Bachelor’s degree
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative, consensus-oriented environment.
- Experience in analytics, extracting and surfacing value from quantitative data.
- Strong eye for detail, ability to communicate scientific concepts both in written form and verbally, and excellent time-management skills.
- Professional or academic experience with modern techniques and algorithms in machine learning and statistical computing such as neural networks, genetic algorithms, Bayesian modeling, data fusion, drivers analysis, clustering/segmentation, predictive analytics, network analysis, Monte Carlo, and agent-based models.
- Working knowledge of SQL and experience with database design and administration.
- Experience with Linux server and system administration.
- Experience with collaboration tools (e.g. Atlassian suite) and version control systems (e.g. Git).
- Experience integrating R and/or Python with each other and C\C.
- Large dataset manipulation. Experience in distributed storage and computing.
- Experience creating and deploying web applications.
- Advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D.), but by no means required.
- Experience in the field of Market Research.