* The Data Services Principal will ensure the successful transmission of data from both internal and external systems, validation of the received data, and accurate processing of the data into the target systems. They will establish controls to ensure the validity of the data and develops processes to automate these tasks. This position will maintain databases, develop audit reports, and create the underlying processes to extract, transform, and load the data as needed to deliver the required information.
* The role is both data-intensive and people-intensive. Successful candidates should demonstrate strong inter-personal skills and be extremely comfortable working with diverse sets of data to derive business insights.
* The successful candidate should also be able to offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, and be able to work collaboratively with multiple teams, located in different geographies.
* As part of a newly developed team, the successful candidate should be a good communicator-- able to translate detail into a concise story, getting immediately to the punch line, a motivated self-starter - wants to get in, roll sleeves up and make a difference, and thrive on change.
* Database Design & Management
* Perform key management and thought leadership role in data modeling, data access, data integration, data discovery, database design and maintenance
* Responsible for enterprise data integration and management of new data sources, publicly available data, business-to-business partnerships, and advanced data analytics systems
* Establish and enforce data architecture standards
* Responsible for maintaining data dictionary and data lineage
* Complete source system analysis, data profiling and create design documents and source to target mappings
* Problem Solving
* Investigate and resolve data anomalies including data quality issues and ambiguous data definitions. Recommends data integrity checks and controls to ensure data quality
* Drive rapid prototyping and design for new projects and analytic environments. Translate broader business initiatives into objectives and concrete goals and align appropriately with other groups for efficient and coordinated action
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related technical field
* 5 years related experience
* Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills
* Expert knowledge of SQL databases and SQL in at least one of the following environments: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL required
* Knowledge of Data Warehousing / Data Lake / Business Intelligence strategies and architecture
* Master's degree in quantitative field strongly preferred
* A minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in data service role within financial services industry, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated
* Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models, "slow-changing" dimensions/attributes, etc.
* Experience working with Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools; SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Power BI
* Experience working with Microsoft Azure data stack (Data Factory, Azure DB, ML, etc.)
* Experience providing practical direction on information and analytics platforms in conjunction with EDW tools and technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled