DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one Data Warehouse Architect, hereafter referred to as Worker(s), who meets the general qualifications of ITSAC Data Warehouse Architect 3 Category, Emerging Technology Type and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts (CPA).
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered “works made for hire” and are the property of the CPA. CPA may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. CPA will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
As a Data Warehouse Architect, the Worker must have a strong background architecting and developing technical solutions for data warehouse and business intelligence. The Worker will be extensively engaged with customers to collect requirements and must have had highly advanced oversight and responsibility for modeling, configuration, development, and implementation of Data Warehouse solution for a large group or organization. The Worker must be able to quickly understand existing architecture and application requirements. The Worker should be able to design and develop enterprise ready solution with conformed data warehouse standards. The worker should provide solutions to Application reporting requirements as well as Data Warehouse needs. The worker must have experience developing processes and procedures in support of a large enterprise BI/DW environment. The Worker must be able to follow software development processes, prepare detailed documentation and generate work estimates in an SDLC environment. The Worker must be quality conscious and be dedicated to delivering quality products on time and on budget.
Onsite Requirements: Worker will be required to work on site with the team. Working remotely will be limited and must be pre-approved by the Direct Supervisor.
WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be able to work with Business Customers, Section Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in a professional and collaborative manner to design strategies and implementation approaches
- Must be able to work with the Data Warehouse, Database Administration, and Business Intelligence Teams in a professional and collaborative manner to ensure that data models comply with organizational standards
- Must prepare all required artifacts accurately and in a timely fashion
- Must possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to develop processes and procedures for Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence infrastructure
- Must be able to work independently in a team environment with local and remote teams
- Must possess knowledge of project management methodologies both traditional and Agile/Scrum
- Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task with readiness to put in extra efforts when necessary
- Must perform work as assigned without direct supervision
The Awarded Vendor and Contractor will be required to furnish and adhere to the following:
- Terms and Conditions: If selected, the vendor shall be required to sign and adhere to the CPA’s Additional T&Cs. The contractor shall be required to sign several security documents and also adhere to CPA’s Additional T&Cs.
- Background Check: Proof/Receipt that a background check has been performed and passed
- Picture ID (Government): Copy of a state Driver’s License/ID Card or US Government photo id.
II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Extensive hands-on experience in architecting, configuring and implementing Data Warehouse solutions for a large group or organization
Expertise in requirement gathering, customer engagement and project management
Experience with multi-database environment development
Experience with data warehousing design/development (ties to HCM/Financial desired)
Experience with database programming (TSQL, PL/SQL, BTEQ)
Experience with ANSI standard database environment development (DB2/Oracle/Teradata)
Experience with metadata solution development
Experience with advanced reporting and analytics
Advanced ETL tool or solution development
Experience with data warehouse architecture standards, process, and methodology, with good knowledge of data integration, data quality, multi-dimensional design and ETL tools.
Experience with DB2 data warehouse (10.1v or higher) development
Experience in re-architecting existing systems to an enterprise ready solutions
Hands-on experience with near/real-time data integration design
Extensive experience with complex application and data security requirements
Experience working with IT and business customers
Hands-on experience in designing solutions with end user self-service as the primary focus.
Proficient with the Microsoft Windows and Office products
Public sector experience (Federal, State or Local Government)
Working with State agency projects preferably Comptroller of Public Accounts (TX-CPA) experience
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178