Job ID: 154026
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle APG is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With over 195 operating locations and 6,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle APG is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
The Data Insights Solution Delivery team has a great opportunity for an enthusiastic Data Warehouse Architect. This individual will collaborate with key stakeholders to translate business data requirements into solutions that integrate with the overall data warehouse strategy. The role requires extensive knowledge with the full data warehouse lifecycle: strategic planning, requirements analysis, architectural governance, data modeling, ETL design, development best practices, deployment execution and production support.
Strategy & Planning
- Provide a data warehouse roadmap by assessing current state and establishing future state based on business data requirements
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for data warehousing in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Define metadata governance and best practices to ensure accuracy, validity, reusability and consistency of the data warehouse
- Define solution architectures, development standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Implement capacity management to ensure data warehouse scalability.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of data assets.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Provide architecture guidance and assist development team with data and ETL solutions
- Conduct research and make recommendations on data warehouse products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate and recommend data warehouse infrastructure: hardware, database solutions, modeling tools, ETL/API solutions, data mining tools, and metadata management tools.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify, create, and deliver solutions according to requirements.
- Work with the Data Architect to create and maintain data models.
- Identify and correct data discrepancies and data quality issues Diagnose and resolve data warehouse access and performance issues.
- Install and configure to ensure data warehouse access.
- Execute data warehouse configuration and performance tuning.
Monitor and improve data warehouse ETL/API performance
- Perform cost estimates for data migration between development, test, and production systems, and plan and coordinate these migrations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to data systems.
- Mentor and/or provide leadership to junior members of the team.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering and/or 10+ years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting multi-terabyte data warehouses.
- Experience with relational and MPP database platforms, including IBM DB2/I (iSeries), Netezza, SQL Server
- Knowledgeable on Cloud Architecture
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Hands-on experience with data architecture, data mining, data modeling, and business requirements analysis within the manufacturing and distribution industry sector
- Familiarity with in-house data-intensive applications, including SSIS, SSRS, Tableau
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systemsWorking technical knowledge of modern data warehousing software, protocols, and standards, including Python, Studio R, Spark, Machine learning
- Experience with data processing flow standards and best practices
- Proven project management experience.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Architectural, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.