Data Warehouse Architect
Join a thriving and growing international firm, leader in their field. Excellent benefits, work environment, sophisticated tech department as a Data Warehouse/Analytics Architect. This is an ETL focused back-end Solutions Architect role.
Summary of the role
As Data Warehouse Architect you will lead the technical design, recommendation and implementation for data warehouse technology and solutions for our company’s analytics group. The Data Warehouse Architect will apply analysis skills and experience in principles of installation, configuration, availability, recoverability, scalability, performance tuning, etc. to define appropriate Analytics and Reporting solutions. This role requires a technically strong Architect who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in design and deployment of Data and Analytics solutions.
We are looking for a Data Warehouse Architect who has both broad and deep data and analytics knowledge and the ability to implement end-to-end technical solutions to our business problems.
As a Data Warehouse Architect, you will be expected to:
- Have full accountability for the comprehensive solution
- Work closely with stakeholders and technical groups to understand business needs, provide oversight, identify architectural options, evaluate options against the overall enterprise, information management architecture, and make recommendations that return analytic business value
- Define, Design and Develop data and analytics roadmaps and strategies
- Lead solution design and development on implementations, migrations/upgrade projects and performance improvements for existing environments
- Facilitate meetings, conduct and lead presentations and/or training sessions with end-users, standardizing training and providing detailed documentation as needed
- Consult with colleagues, management, and business team members on requirements, problems, project status, and issues
- Mentor and coach other consultants to be able to ensure quality of work done by the team meets and exceeds client expectations
- BA or BS degree and a minimum of 3+ years of professional services consulting experience
- 7 + years of experience in progressive Business Intelligence roles
- Experience articulating architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used
- Experience leading technical discussions on data warehouse technology
- Expert understanding and experience using data and analytics tools such as, Microsoft BI - SQL Server, SSIS, SAP BI, Qlikview, etc.
- Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and the "roll up the sleeves" level of doing all phases of a solution delivery
- Able to handle projects independently and manage deliverables in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated skill at presenting complex development topics to technical and business users
- Advanced data modeling experience with emphasis on design and development of dimensional models, and data warehousing experience focused on business intelligence and information
- A deep understanding of, and experience using and explaining all aspects of, relational database design, multidimensional database design, OLTP, OLAP, KPIs, Scorecards, and Dashboards
- Ability to recommend architecture best practices related to ETL, ELT, BI, and the life-cycle of an EDW solution
- Knowledge of the Data and Analytics Implementation Lifecycle
- Advanced working knowledge of Business Intelligence methodologies and BusinessObjects suite of tools such as SAP BI 7.0, Crystal and SAP BusinessObjects