1800003158 - Data Warehouse Team Lead
Primary Location United States-Virginia-Fairfax
Organization Chenega Professional & Technical Services
Security Requirements Secret
Job Schedule Full Time Exempt
CHENEGA PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL SERVICES
Chenega Professional & Technical Services (CPTS) is seeking a Data Warehouse Team Leader to provide enterprise data warehouse support to the Office of Information Systems (SI) within the Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). The Data Warehouse Team Leader will serve as a subject matter expert and team lead on all aspects of the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Manage and mentor team to provide high performance and continual improvement on complex projects to ensure successful Production Operations
· Lead the EDW team through the use of best practices in SQL development; code reviews; making recommendations for improvements; research Microsoft solutions.
· Manage team backlog using MS Team Foundation Server.
· Develop scripts, perform database support activities, conduct performance tuning and database design, dimensional analysis, and modeling.
· Maintain and add to an extensive set of SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) packages for Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) data manipulation.
· Maintain, enhance, and create enterprise and application level reports using SQL Server Report Service (SSRS) and other Business Intelligence (BI) tools.
· Provide effective leadership for staff; day-to-day administrative and technical direction of onsite personnel; assignment of staff personnel to appropriate functions/tasks/duties.
· Establish or improve procedures and controls, where necessary, to ensure that all services meet schedules of production.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.M# #M
Recruiter Wendy Mullins-Janney