Hunter Engineering Company is a global leader in the development and manufacturing of computer based automotive service equipment. We are in search of enthusiastic and self-motivated sophomores, juniors, or seniors with a major or minor in a field of study cohesive with Computer Science.
The Co-Op will be working with the database management team, will provide level 1 support and troubleshooting for SQL Server under the direction of Hunter Engineering’s Database Administrator.
- Responding to alerts related to SQL Server instances.
- Reviewing monitoring tools and software for performance related issues.
- Installation and configuration of database systems, particularly SQL Server.
- Installing and configuring software such as monitoring tools for SQL Server.
- Assisting with database projects such as migrations from old to new platforms.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server.
- Experience writing scripts, particularly for automating tasks.
- Experience with PowerShell.
- Experience using Windows Performance Monitor.
- Experience using a ticketing system to track issues.