1800003950 - Database Administrator III
United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque
Chenega Technical Innovations
Security Requirements Background Check
Job Schedule Full Time Exempt
CHENEGA TECHNICAL INNOVATIONS, LLC
Company Job Title:
Database Administrator III
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Database Administrator III will provide database design assistance for system enhancements and new systems development, including: logical data modeling, normalizing, and physical table design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Provide assistance in coding, testing, and implementing database objects including: tables, views, functions, packages, procedures, constraints, and triggers.
- Upgrade the program and the database architecture according to industry standards (including security in accordance with NIST and DOI Guidelines).
- Confer with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
- Prepare detailed specifications as determined, analyzing current and new systems from which code will be written.
- Provide input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
- Other duties as assigned to support the needs of the customer/client.
- This position does not have formal supervisory responsibilities, but may require oversight and training of junior staff.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Associates Degree or combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of relational database management experience required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related technical experience in supporting various database platforms data center level. Support would include (but not limited to): backup and recovery of systems, patching of systems, providing Tier II/III support to lower tiers, performance tuning, hardware upgrades, operational configurations, resource optimization, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge in Microsoft .Net C# (version 3.0 or later), Microsoft Services (IIS 7.0, Application Delivery, etc.), Microsoft SQL Enterprise (2010 or later) Oracle applications, Oracle Database (10i or later), Microsoft PowerShell, database design (according to industry) best practices from Microsoft, Oracle and IBM, Oracle procedure, function, and package design and creation using PL/SQL, Oracle Application Express development tools, J2EE language and development environments and tools, HTML, XML, and general web based development and maintenance.
- Ability to design a database to the third norm.
- Ability to write disaster recovery plans.
- Ability to develop project management documentation.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft office software applications (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
- Expert levels of interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate effectively, convince, influence, advice, and respond to questions from leadership, including senior decision makers.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.