Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
Overview: You will be working with the hosting and application teams on test and production upgrades and support. Daily support of application upgrades and infrastructure primarily working on issues with the operating systems and databases, as well as supporting systems. Includes after-hours and on-call support.
- Estimate effort for self and agree on schedules with Project Manager
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation (Database, Architecture, etc.)
- Analyze and diagnose problems reported to the help desk, escalate support issues
- Discuss issues/requirements with client
- Research and identify third party tools / software that improves development process
- Install and configure database system software plus third-party system tools, applications and products
- Performance Optimization
- Performance monitoring, measurement and capacity planning of Production Software solutions, recommending changes to Allscripts products and "standardized" System configurations
- Implement, periodically test and review appropriate data access and security measures, including access control, audit, backup/restore and system rebuild & recovery processes
- Implement and continuously improve the database infrastructure environment.
- Participate in Business Continuity measures in accordance with the corporate Disaster Recovery Program
- Stay current with the applicable technology. Perform software upgrades and new software installation both pro-actively and in response to requests from users.
- Provide an ad-hoc support service to users of all computer systems, troubleshooting and resolving database problems
Academic and professional qualifications
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant technical support / Systems Engineer experience
- Typically requires 2 - 5 years of experience.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows OS, preferably 2012 or 2016
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of virtual environments / VMware / hosting will be beneficial
- Ability to work equally well solo and as a member of a team
- Ability to troubleshoot through all the technical layers, find the root cause, and work with vendors if needed to resolution
- Minimal - only as needed for onsite team meetings, if located outside the Raleigh area.
- After hours work required - may be multiple times per week from approx 12:00am-4:00am
- After a learning period, this position will be added to an existing on-call rotation (every 6 weeks)
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans