Resource Management Concepts, Inc. (RMC) provides high-quality, professional services to government and commercial sectors. Our mission is to deliver exceptional management and technology solutions supporting the protection and preservation of the people and environment of the United States of America.
RMC is hiring for a senior-level Database Administrator to support one of our government customers in Indian Head, MD, at the NSWC Stump Neck campus. The selected applicant will work as part of an integrated team including system administrators, network engineers, software developers, service desk analysts, and other personnel on-site. The successful candidate will perform in a fast pace environment in the capacity of upgrades/migrations; instance/database hardening and supporting system accreditation activities; application and database troubleshooting; code review to include (evaluating the implications of using stored procedures and constraints to implement business rules), database design/development, optimize performance, recommend and implement process improvement technologies.
- Create, maintain and execute scheduled jobs, data extracts, data refreshes, data loads and data replication
- Manage Application and User Accounts
- Devise implementation plans for tasking
- Test backup strategies and implement database recovery techniques when required
- Document database actions
- Data recovery and space requirements /capacity planning for physical database and the ability to install client/server software and patches
- Troubleshooting database issues and optimize performance experience
- Must be able to configure, maintain and troubleshoot database replication (transactional and snapshot)
The selected candidate should have:
- Strong experience with SQL Server Migrations
- Strong experience with SQL Server 2012/2016
- Familiarity with SQL Server Integration Services, Policy Management
- Familiarity with Dell Spotlight, Performance Dashboard
- Knowledgeable of T-SQL (Indexes, Triggers, Functions, Packages, and Procedures)
- Knowledgeable with Query Optimization
- Experience with implementing data security and hardening (groups, roles, privileges, authentication, TDE, and auditing)
- A clear understanding of and ability to implement Linked Servers and Aliases
- Strong communication, interpersonal and human relations skills to interact with clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Computer Information systems or and IT related field and five (5) years of recent database administration with MS SQL Instances and database experience is required.
- A CSSLP or equivalent DoD 8570.01 IAT-3 compliant certification may be used in lieu of degree requirement.
Security Clearance: An active DoD security clearance is required to start. The applicant must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance. The selected applicant may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply for RMC job vacancies. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.