As a Database Administrator at Penske you will be responsible for the maintenance and support of the Oracle and MySQL databases. You will work with peers as well as application and infrastructure teams to meet the operational needs of the organization and ensure the integrity of enterprise data.
• Performing database system management functions (e.g. software installs, version upgrades, patching and configuration management, security).
• Implementing data models, database structure design, backup, and recovery processes.
• Maintaining DB high availability solution components.
• Daily monitoring of database backups, space utilization, DB logs, jobs, performance reports to proactively identify problems and opportunities for improvement.
• Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
• Creating primary database storage structures (tablespaces), creating primary objects, modifying the database structure, as necessary
• Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database. Working with application developers to optimize, tune, and provide recommendations on database structures and queries.
• Enrolling users and maintaining system security. Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
• Creating and managing standard operation documentation as well as follow established processes for daily and ad-hoc tasks
• Establishing and enforcing policies and procedure within client team. Reviewing Change Management plans for quality and completeness
• Bachelor degree/foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience required
• 5+ years IT experience required
• 5+ years experience with Database Administration for Oracle in an enterprise environment is required
• 3+ years experience in supporting some of the following technologies: Oracle SSO, OIM, OBIEE, Data Guard, Oracle RAC, ASM, and Sun Cluster on Linux and Solaris systems required
• Experience with Backup/Recovery, ASM/Grid, RAC required
• Certifications in Oracle 11g/12c Administration preferred
• Certifications in Oracle 11g/12c RAC Administration preferred
• 3+ years experience of both functional and technical knowledge in supporting Oracle eBusiness Suite in an enterprise setting preferred.
• Hands on experience on Active data guard and replication configuration, support and maintenance with good troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with Oracle PL/SQL programming
• Experience performing controlled code migrations through development environments to production environments.
• Experience working with Oracle Support to analyze and resolve technical issues.
• A good knowledge of LINUX and Solaris operating system(s) and ability to develop & read UNIX script
• Strong knowledge of the entire Oracle database, MYSQL and Oracle Applications environment and architecture.
• Strong technical expertise and functional exposure to Oracle Databases version 12C, 18c, or 19c
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Understand and execute the IT processes of Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Configuration Management.
• Strong and comprehensive verbal and written communications.
• Responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills; able to recognize and address areas needing improvement.
• Motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort to work needing attention.
• Attentive to detail with focus on accurate and timely results.
• Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to competing needs.
• Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.
• Strong problem solving skills with ability to research and analyze information required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to organize and communicate thoughts in a user-friendly manner required.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.