Sevatec, Inc. is looking for a talented senior level Database Administrator (DBA) to add to their dynamic Agile teams supporting a highly visible federal contract. Selected candidates must have experience in installing, configuring, upgrading and maintaining SQL Server databases, and developing SQL Server Scripts, queries, and reports.
- Provide support to software and report developers with developing efficient application and report queries
- Develop and maintain SQL Scripts to support configuration of QFlow, a COTS product
- Will be responsible for designing and creating databases
- SQL script development (not just Stored Procedures)
- Support potential future migrations and upgrades of databases
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain database(s)
- Maintain databases at (or near) recommended maintenance levels prescribed by the product manufacturer
- Maintain a complete inventory of database and application interconnections and interfaces
- Assure maximum continuity of operations by minimizing database and data replication downtime associated with database modification or recovery
- Perform data/database backup and recovery routines for data integrity and recoverability
- Years of Experience: 5+ years of experience in database administration
- Expert knowledge of views, triggers, stored procedures, and query optimization
- Experience administering SQL Server environments (SQL SERVER 2014 and 2017)
- ust have excellent SQL scripting skills
- Experience with Agile software development life cycle
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently or under only general direction.
- Ability to multi-task, be extremely organized, work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and be very detail oriented
- Ability to obtain a Federal Security Agency Suitability
- Experience working in an AWS environment
- Familiarity with JIRA or other ALM tools (Rally, Trello, etc.) highly desired
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have or are able to obtain a Government Agency suitability clearance.
EEO Statement: Sevatec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.