AbleVets, LLC, is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets, has an opportunity available for a Database Administrator (SQL Server) to support our program. There are multiple roles open at the junior, mid, and senior levels. Positions will be based on site at our customer’s facility in Charleston, South Carolina.
The Database Administrator will be responsible for the overall SQL Server environment. Overseeing the implementation, configuration, security, maintenance, and performance of SQL Server RDBMS systems, as well as ensuring the availability and performance of enterprise applications. Maintain SQL database objects and perform database capacity planning, data modeling, data loads, troubleshooting, database backup and recovery and support onsite applications. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product life-cycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring system health and performance to ensure a high level of security and availability
- Ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze and correct issues in real time, providing end-to-end resolution
- Script automation
- Manage database structures by monitoring and adjusting the internal structures (tuning) as required
- Define, establish and perform regular database backups
- Participate in the planning, designing, creating, installing, customization, upgrades and maintaining of databases to meet defined requirements
- Perform upgrades of the database and software to new release levels
- Document databases and deployed applications
- Implement database security and create associated documentation
- Ensure databases are compliant with applicable STIGS
Multiple levels are available. Qualifications for each are:
- Junior: Associate’s degree in Computer Science or technology related field and three (3) years of related experience or a high school diploma and six (6) years of related experience.
- Mid: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technology related field and three (3) years of related experience. An additional six (6) years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Senior: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technology related field and six (6) years of related experience. An additional six (6) years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirement
In addition to the above, candidates must also possess:
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret clearance
- Must possess a minimum of ten (10) years of MS SQL Server Administration experience
- Current (or ability to obtain) Department of Defense Directive (DoD) 8570 compliant certifications:
- Security+ CE and CEH or SSCP
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance. Candidates with a current clearance will be given priority.
- Experience with implementing STIGS on MS SQL Server
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with VMware and SQL Clusters
- Experience with SQL backup and recovery
- Experience with SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) & Disaster Recovery (DR) for SQL Server
- Experience with Windows server 2008, 2012, 2016, including Active Directory
- Understanding of network architecture
- Strong application support experience
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- Ability to adjust to new activities and tasks
- Must be able to travel up to 10%
Perferred/ Desired Skills:
- Active DOD Secret clearance is perferred
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.