At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This position will serve as part of the Test Data Management team within an organization supporting the Consumer APP application on the Enterprise data lake.
- Provides design and development support for analytical systems and data integration applications
- Analyzes complex requirements and translates to technical design and specifications
- Designs, develops, tests, and implements application ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) code
- Follows all software development lifecycle processes and standards
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures, and user guides
- Willing to work non-standard hours as the need arises
- Follows change and incident management processes
- Develops and fosters a positive relationship with team members, team leads, and business partners
- Proposes creative solutions to meet technical and business priorities
- Provides guidance to other team members and contractors as required
- Contributes significantly to the technical direction of the analytical systems environment
- Participates in design reviews and ensures application of best practices and standards
- Reviews ETL code for consistency, quality, and performance
- Implements best practices for test environments
- Proposes and builds reusable patterns
- Participates in cross application efforts to share knowledge and bring new developments to the team
- Tracks code merge and branching process for releases
- Reviews release code and changes for production
- 7+ years of database design and administration experience
- 5+ years of Ab Initio experience
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience
- 1+ year of Teradata experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Big Data platforms – Hadoop, MapR, Hive, Parquet
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Related Technology
- 8+ years experience in IT
- 3+ years of with large database environments such as Teradata
- 1+ years of experience in a tech lead capacity, guiding other team members and contractors in an data warehouse environment
- Demonstrated competency in software design and development and relevant experience with data integration and ETL applications
- Ab Initio graph development experience
- Ab Initio graph performance tuning experience
- Ab Initio data lineage and Dependency analysis management
- Experience in using Ab-Initio Technical repository, Technical repository web interface
- Experience in Enterprise Metadata hub usage
- Strong understanding of dimension modelling and other ETL techniques
- Ab Initio Express>it based development, especially Data Quality Environment (DQE), and Acquire>it
- Excellent Unix shell scripting skills and other Unix utilities like awk and sed
- Familiarity with Unix scheduling tools such as Autosys
- Strong database concepts and proficiency in SQL
- Experience with Version control tools (like Harvest, Jenkins), Deployment tools (like udeploy), Scheduling tools (Autosys, control-m)
- Key Skills: Written and verbal communications; decision-making; conceptual and analytical skills; business domain knowledge in financial services; ability to multitask; comfortable working in a large organization across multiple teams
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.