We are an IT consulting company based in Michigan, working directly with many clients and large tier-1 vendors throughout the US. Following is our immediate requirement, if you or someone that you know is available please contact me with your latest resume and contact information at the earliest. Kindly reach out to email@example.com or call me at 248-537-0708
Job Title:Database Architect
Location: Annapolis, MD
Seeking a Database Architect & Data Modeler to support the design and management of data architecture and design of platform data models based on the current state, lessons learned from desired end state of systems including leveraging industry standard best practices for data modeling, data quality and further data monitoring. The Database Architect and Data Modeler will also design and architect database solutions for housing and protecting data as well as data warehouse solution and business intelligence reporting capabilities. The Database Architect and Data Modeler maintains and evolves core Platform databases by determining structural requirements, creating and maintaining documentation, developing and implementing holistic database solutions, acting as SME on platform architecture to advise derivative projects on normalized/optimized extensions. This role is the overall Database and Data Architect and Modeler for a long-term programs supporting platform development and associated applications. As a Database Architect and Modeler Provide Solution Development and Integration for agile teams, including requirements backlog management, DevOPS, database design, database tuning for software development, testing, ETL data migration, and support during release deployment. Assist with the client's data management strategies and management processes. Conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling for relational databases and advise on future tech-stack roadmap at enterprise level. Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others. Participate in or lead the development of client deliverable content. Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues. Review deliverables for accuracy and quality. Qualifications require experience with designing, implementing, and tuning relational databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., Cassandra, MongoDB). Preferred Agile experience. Experience designing and tuning data warehouses Cloud computing (AWS, Azure) Experience collaborating with clients to translate business needs.
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives; evaluating current systems; augmentation based on client requirements. Maintains core system optimization and normalization
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications, replication, fault-tolerance, etc.
- Installs database systems; develops flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Prepares users by conducting training.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Leads, coordinates and manages artifacts pertaining to Data Modeling, ER Diagrams and documentation, standards definitions and enforcement, ETL and Database loading
- Development and design of database stored procedures and triggers, etc
- Expertise and certification with Oracle, SQL Server, PostGreSQL, NoSQL and other databases
- Cloud computing and Big Data and data streaming solutions such as Hadoop and others
- 10+ years of experience with Oracle database driven solutions with progressive experience from DBA/Developer to Architect
- 5+ years of Oracle Database Architecture experience including data structures, data dictionary, database schemas ; Strong PL/SQL and ETL skills
- 5+ years of data architecture and data modeling tools and techniques including conceptual, logical and physical data models & schemas. Experience with ER Diagrams & Entity-Relationship Model (ERM), Semantic data modeling and/or Bachman Diagrams
- Experience with industry standard data modeling tools such as ERwin, Sparx, PowerDesigner or Embarcadero
- Experience with Oracle 12c and other databases required
- Desired Experience with: Oracle Grid Control, RAC, RMAN, Active Data Guard, OLAP, OBIEE, Oracle Database Fault, Oracle Label Security, Oracle Enterprise Manager. Experience and advocate for Agile practices and tracking mechanisms such as JIRA and/or previous experience or training as a Scrum Master and Agilist.
- Candidates for this role must possess a Bachelor’s degree and have five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience