You will be part of the Financial and Strategic Analytics team as we continue on our journey of creating a data first organization. You will work on database development and report writing in support of departments across the business including retail, marketing, lending and treasury using various ETL tools, (e.g. Cognos, SAS, SQL Server, SSRS and SSIS).
As the department continues to evolve and build its data repository from both internal and external data sources your responsibility will also include assisting in the research and discovery for new areas of opportunity and focus. You will also assist the entire Data Team in producing presentational quality reports that will help communicate new strategies to the organization.
- Evaluate the reporting needs of each department and develop reportable datasets in the various ETL tools to satisfy those requirements.
- Assist in maintaining Dime’s current data sources stored in its Data Lake as well as assisting in the migration of new data sources.
- Assist in the development of Data Lake data sets for various software platforms, such as CRM and Loan Origination platforms.
- Create actionable reports and presentations utilizing tools such as SAS Visual Analytics, SSRS, or the like for Line Managers up through Executive Management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and a minimum of 1-year related Database Development experience.
- Programming knowledge in SQL Server and SSIS are required. Programming knowledge in Macro language, Python, Java, and/or HTML are highly desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, and Word) is required.
- Experience in Statistics is highly desired .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work across all functions/levels in a team-oriented environment.
- Motivated individuals that are “self-starters”.