What you’ll be doing...
The Enterprise Corporate LDAP team is part of Chief Information Security Organization (CISO). The LDAP team provides centralized Database Verizon workforce repository and Authorization services to internal Verizon homegrown apps and Vendor hosted apps. The LDAP infrastructure is based on Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition (ODSEE). The LDAP team has developed customized highly available configuration to provide maximum available and response time. The infrastructure is mission and business critical. It performs more than One Billion transactions each week with a response time less than one second.
Our LDAP Team is looking for a highly technical, engineer to manage and maintain this infrastructure. You will be responsible foridentifing and developing custom solutions to meet changing working and business requirements.
- Assist in designing, developing and implementing flexible LDAP architecture for PaaS and SaaS applications
- Assist in designing, developing, and implementing Data As A Service (DaaS) and support for microservices.
- Work with upstream data source and downstream clients to resolve data related issues.
- Performance periodic maintenance as/when required
- Perform data and log analysis.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience using Oracle SUN LDAP on a large scale implementation.
- Experience with Remote Control Technologies (such as VNC, MS Terminal Service, SMS, Marimba, or DameWare)
- Experience with C and Java Programing.
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX Shell Scripting.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2007, Windows 10 and Linux RedHat architecture.
- Experience with the Splunk.
- Experience with Java Script.
- Working experience on Linux and Cloud platforms.
- Experience with the Active Directory and CA Directory.
- Knowledge with Network concepts/protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP).
- Perceptual and analytical thinking, excellent time management and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work independently, and multi-task under short deadlines, based upon general direction.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.