This individual will provide database design, development and test support including daily database management, maintenance and troubleshooting activities for Data Engineering and Software Development projects. They must have strong relational skills and be able to effectively communicate technical and non-technical ideas, written and verbal, to individuals and large groups.
- Performs system data design based upon business requirements, as well as prepares project plans and estimates for all database-related project elements.
- Designs, develops, tests and implements modifications necessary to correct database defects and implements enhancements based on requirements provided.
- Analyzes, summarizes and/or reviews data, reports findings, interprets results and/or makes recommendations.
- Assists with the planning and supervision of the installation and testing of new products and improvements to systems, such as the installation of new databases.
- Implements security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Develops methods for integrating different products so they work properly together, such as customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs.
- Provides support to developers and/or testers to resolve technical problems with data and/or databases.
- Participate in database documentation, training and deployment efforts.
- Communicate with project manager, technical team lead, team members and business groups on issues and the status of work planned and completed.
- Assist with reviewing work and providing recommendations for design, coding or testing approach, which could include conducting or participating in code walkthroughs or other methods to ensure code quality.
- Maintain availability for after-hours production support on an as-needed basis.
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from an operational and technical perspective. Ability to work independently and engage manager as needed.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage changes to requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Ability to participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.
- Strong project management, time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of SQL Server development and integration experience.
- Experience with SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 including TSQL and stored procedures.
- Must have an understanding of how the SQL Server database engine works, including but not limited to physical storage, indexing, partitioning, physical database design best practices, and the query optimizer.
- Experience with SQL Server administration.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, OLTP/OLAP design and development.
- Experience working with large sets of data.
- Knowledge of RDBMS principals such as table design, normalization, ACID properties, relationships, referential integrity and how these apply to SQL Server.
- Knowledge of tracing, monitoring, and auditing facilities and methods for SQL Server.
- Use of version control software, such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experience with development using the Microsoft .Net Framework and Visual Studio is a plus.
- Experience with other database products a big plus (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Exposure to Cloud-based database services a plus (AWS Aurora and AWS RDS MySQL)
- Cable billing system knowledge a big plus.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.