At XOR Security, we build solutions that keep our citizens safe, our government’s information secure and our intelligence professionals one step ahead of the adversary. From defensive and offensive cyber operations to data analytics and strategic consulting, the XOR team provides the insight, expertise and dedication to ensure mission success. Our solutions deliver certainty – the certainty clients need to make critical decisions and lead with confidence.
XOR Security is actively seeking a talented Database Engineering to work collaboratively with agile development teams in the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Using database expertise to lead teams with diverse skill sets (e.g. data architects, data scientists, software developers) in support of a large, agile-based, cybersecurity system
- Working with large structured and unstructured data sets
- Implementing data management systems from conception, through all stages of design, development, and deployment in a CI/CD agile environment
- Design, setup, administer, and tune NoSQL databases in the AWS cloud- Design and implement the technical architecture necessary to support analytic and statistical processing requirements based on tradeoff between performance and quality
- Performing data transformations such as aggregations, joins, and data cleaning to support analytic applications and visualizations-
- Write and refine code to ensure quality and reliability of data extraction and processing
- Analyze and resolve data performance and quality issues
- Perform data analysis and design, data modeling, business intelligence management, master data management, metadata management, data quality management, data security, auditing and other functions of data management and governance
- Generate data estimates of work to be performed, compare estimates to actuals, and continue to refine estimates
- Work collaboratively with agile development teams, attending daily scrums and providing data related solutions to development team
- Develop and maintain database code libraries, data models, SOPs, and other documentation in the team collaboration environment
- Migrate data from legacy RDBMSs and other data sources to NoSQL database in the AWS cloud using complex ETL processes, tools, and programming languages
- Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts, practices and procedures
- US. Citizenship AND AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- 10 years of relevant database experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams with diverse skill sets (e.g. data architects, data scientists, software developers)
- Demonstrated experience mentoring junior to mid-level data professionals
- Able to effectively work as a leader, in a group, or as an individual contributor
- Excellent understanding of big data and data analytics
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured data sets
- Development experience building ETL pipelines at scale
- Solid SQL development skills- Experience with Linux/Unix tools and shell scripts
- Expertise in data analysis and design, data modeling, master data management, metadata management, data warehousing, performance tuning, data quality improvement, data security, auditing and encryption
- Good communication skills, both oral and written- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision making capability, and a focus on customer service.
- Experience providing database engineering support to Intelligence, DoD, or DHS Customers
- Understanding of Certification and Accreditation (ICD 503/DCID 6/3) processes as they apply to database technologies
- Ability to support both SQL and NoSQL data management systems
- Expertise in other RDBMS platforms such as Oracle RAC and SQL Server
- Familiarity with AWS data migration tools such as AWS DMS, Amazon EMR, and AWS Data Pipeline
- Experience with data transformation techniques such as aggregations, joins, and data cleaning
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system, storage configurations, network architecture, VMware, and/or related management tools
- Database management experience of SQL databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL in AWS cloud
- Experience creating and managing NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB in the AWS cloud
- Object mapping and migration of data from legacy structured and unstructured data sources to Amazon DynamoDB using AWS tools, custom code, or ETL scripts
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem, Map/Reduce, and data management products including Hbase, Hive, and Pig
- DevSecOps and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) knowledge
- Experience or training in Six Sigma Methodology
- ITIL knowledge and certification
- Familiarity with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering.
- Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants are required to have an active US government security clearance and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP