Sr. Manager/Director Data Transfer
Greater Chicago area
Client helps injured workers get back to health (and back to work) faster, cheaper, and with less administrative burden. In broader terms, we are a company of experts navigating the complex world of claims management so that our clients can focus on their own businesses. Client has over 4,000 employees, with operations in the US, Canada, UK, and Australia.
An immediate opening for a full-time Sr. Manager/Director role that will lead that will support data-driven decision-making across the entire business. This position reports directly to the VP of Business Intelligence/Data
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Sr. Manager/Director is a hands on leader for a team of ~10 – 15 engineers responsible for driving the company’s data transfer and integration technology to a modern, Mulesoft architecture. We are in the early steps of the journey on building our capabilities around the new architecture and moving away from the legacy COBOL technology model. In this role, the appropriate candidate will comprehend and shape our usage of this technology through leadership of a team. Guiding engineers, coordinating application development, configuration, and integrations in support of on-time delivery of business projects and/or initiatives.
This individual will focus on enhancing team performance, removing productivity blockers, and ensuring that self and teams are accountable for risks, issues, and project deliverables. As such, this position plays an instrumental role in helping projects meet business, schedule, and budget objectives.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead the expansion of our new Data Transfer platform built on Mulesoft and help set its strategic direction while supporting legacy capabilities built on Tandem Non-Stop Cobol.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to understand their business needs.
- Ensure that all related documentation are created, maintained, and available in a central repository.
- Forecast department resource needs to meet commitments.
- Mentor and provide appropriate training for your team
- Minimum of 8 years of technical delivery management experience; minimum 3 years specializing in data transfer and data integration.
- Minimum of 3 years of Integration experience using MuleSoft /TIBCO/Boomi /Fusion Middleware and any SOA technologies and interfacing methods with other enterprise systems.
- Prefer some knowledge of TANDEM Non-Stop COBOL
- Ability to quickly grasp the enterprise landscape, understand reference architecture, system interdependencies and drive with best technical implementation methods.
- Management experience in a large scale enterprise environment
- Knowledge of configuration management tools and techniques