Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Responsible for development and management of database infrastructure that supports data and analytic activities at JHACH. Provides support for data and database applications in support of clinical, operational, and research based activities. Coordinates and maintains identification of system requirements and functional design specifications to meet end user needs and ensures design and integration standards with the JHACH Information Technology enterprise.
- Leads analysis, design and implementation of database applications to support clinical, operational and research initiatives
- Develops forms, menus and reports based on functional and design specifications to ensure validity, reliability and security of data entry process
- Collaborates with scientific and technical staff to identify requirements, validate methods, and resolve issues related to database programming and infrastructure
- Participates in evaluation and implementation of packaged systems to provide recommendations to leadership for the most efficient and appropriate system that meets current and future data/analytic needs
- Schedules and coordinates set up for related linkages to internal and external networks and systems to eliminate down time and disruptions to day to day database operations
- Develops mechanism for data transfers related to clinical, operational, research and administrative needs across JHACH to ensure security and privacy of data
- Identifies and addresses additional user requirements or applications/network limitations to minimize downtime and reduce the likelihood for end user dissatisfaction
- Responsible for the coordination of activities and ensures continual compliance with regulatory standards (i.e. TJC, CMS, AHCA, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3 years related database development or programming experience
- Working knowledge of database methodologies, workflow process analysis, and software application systems implementation
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office, SQL, and physical database system configurations including servers, storage, failover, and backup
- Experience supporting clinical operations and/or research activities including understanding of Case Report Form design in electronic data capture systems
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.