KE Camps is the leading provider of summer camps for country clubs nationwide. We partner with over 100 private clubs all over the country to implement traditional-style day camps for elementary-aged children. Each of our camp locations will have a KE Camps staff team consisting of one Camp Director and several Camp Counselors. Our Staff are the backbone of our programs and therefore, we pride ourselves in giving them an incredible amount of support. As a Camp Director or Counselor, we guarantee you will feel a part of the KE Camps Team!
As a Camp Director, you will be the go-to person for all things camp at your specific country club location. Your job will include many responsibilities, all with the goal of creating a memorable and meaningful camp experience for your campers. Our Camp Directors have real ownership over their camp programs and enjoy infusing their own creativity and talents into their weekly schedules. As you manage campers, their families, club logistics, your small staff team and other camp happenings, you will be truly supported by the KE Camps Year-Round Office all the way.
Camp Director Qualities
- Ability to work with children to grow in character, experiences and insights
- Knowledge of camp program and planning
- Ability to guard the health and well-being of campers at all times
- Prior experience working with children in a leadership position
- Enthusiastic, Responsible, Dependable, Level-Headed, Flexible, and Calm in all situations
- CPR/First Aid Certified OR willing to become certified before the summer begins
Camp Director Responsibilities
- Work with group of campers and provide a fun, safe and exciting camp experience
- Work with and supervise Counselors in a supportive manner
- Assign Counselors to specific tasks
- Greet families and campers upon arrival and orientate them to camp
- Establish emergency rules and safety procedures with campers and staff
- Manage parent expectations by knowing your campers and conversing with parents at pick-up and drop-off times
- Plan daily camp schedule and activities
- Shop for camp supplies, staying within supply budget provided by KE Camps
- Prepare activities in advance
- Manage any issues that may arise including, but not limited to, camper behavior issues, parent complaints, etc.
- Check in with the KE Camps Office to update them on your camp and any issues you may be encountering
Our camp is located at Longue Vue Club in Verona, PA. Check the LVC2 page of our website for exact camp dates - staff members must be available to work the full camp season.
Find out more at www.kecamps.com!0