Beside a goal of a maintaining a high quality, polished and neat appearance throughout all restrooms and common areas of the building, the Day Porter is a customer service representative also. The important part of this role is to cheerfully greet, assist, and guide employees and visitors to our buildings while maintaining a polite and professional attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wipe excess water off of vanities, empty trash and restock paper supplies throughout restrooms.
- Check/maintain all restroom hardware for proper operation.
- Check/maintain all restrooms and clean toilets as necessary.
- Dust all restroom surfaces, including partitions and furniture as required.
- Clean/polish all wood, metal and glass finishes.
- Vacuum and mop all restroom, lobby and common area floors as necessary.
- Clean common area wall finishes.
- Pick up trash throughout exterior grounds, sweep building entrance-ways and empty ash/trash receptacles as necessary.
- Empty trash throughout common areas and tenant spaces as may be required during the day.
- Clean all building entranceway glass.
- Assist in snow removal services at building entryway as necessary.
- Assume additional duties as delegated by Management.
- Coordination and communications with Engineering / Maintenance Staff as necessary.
- Daily coordination and communications with tenants, customers and building occupants.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- Be courteous, neat, clean, and in proper uniform; always representing the Company in a professional, moral, and ethical manner.
- Respond to, prioritize and complete assigned work orders via the Workspeed work order tracking system.
- May require driving between various building locations.
Job Requirements/Qualifications and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Frequent stooping, frequent pushing/pulling, constant walking, and occasionally lifting 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb up and down stairs and ladders
- Maintain professional appearance and manner at all times while at the property and maintain calm demeanor in emergency situations.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, tenants, contractors, and the general public in a positive and professional manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have knowledge of safety protocols related to commercial buildings
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer, handheld communication device and have knowledge of CMMS software such as 360 Facility (Rediworks) or Workspeed.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools, i.e., socket sets, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, saws and hammers, etc.
- Should have a current valid driver license with good driving record and reliable transportation
- Be courteous, neat, clean, and in proper uniform; always representing the Company in a professional, moral, and ethical manner