Join Elwyn California!
About Elwyn California
Elwyn California, is a subsidiary of Elwyn, a premier non-profit human services organization dedicated to serving children and adults with special needs. Elwyn was founded in 1852, providing innovative services for people with developmental disabilities since its inception.
We believe that all people deserve an opportunity to build meaningful, independent lives. Individuals and families find support through Elwyn California programs to learn, work, and live as they choose and as independently as possible.
Elwyn California Mission Statement
Maximizing potential through personal commitment, collective talents and innovation, Elwyn California supports individuals with diverse challenges in shaping distinctive, meaningful lives.
Elwyn California Vision Statement
Through partnerships with families, communities and government, Elwyn California will be the provider of choice for people with diverse challenges.
Elwyn California is currently seeking a Program Instructor to work with our team in Fountain Valley, CA. This is a non-exempt level position reporting to the Program Manager.
Provide staff supervision to Adult Day program participants. Assist with their participation in meaningful activities, and insure the safety and security for each participant.
• Elwyn California personnel
• Adult Day Program Clients
• Care providers
• Licensing & funding sources
• High School diploma, or its equivalent
• Valid California driver license, vehicle insurance, and registration
• Minimum driving experience of 5 years
• One year successful experience working with persons with intellectual disabilities
Nominal physical demands, may require personal care assistance to program clients.
Elwyn California will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions include: Ongoing interaction with consumers and staff, potential exposure to communicable diseases, and Interaction with consumers who may display aggressive and/or self-injurious behaviors.
PRIMARY WORK HOURS
• Provides leadership and instruction to program participants according to the established activity schedule
• Assists program participants to fully engage in activities
• Assists program participants with planning and implementing their chosen activities
• Assists program participants in community based activities
• Advocates for program participants with community agencies to assist with problem solving
• Completes required reports and other documentation as required by regulation and Elwyn
• Treats program participants with respect/dignity/ Maintains confidentiality. Ensures safety of clients
• Attends required meetings
• Satisfactorily completes
Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwyn California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Elwyn California reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled