PFSweb is entrusted with the customer experience of many of the world's most recognizable brands. Distribution Center professionals are highly trained to provide custom branded experiences for each customer interaction.
“Our client is a leading retailer in its sector with billions of dollars in annual sales and is a Fortune 200 company. The company operates thousands of stores, as well as e-commerce sites, and employs over 100,000 people worldwide. This retailer has a long, consistent track record of sales and profit growth and sees great opportunities to keep growing its business for the future.” Become one of the people behind the world's leading brands! PFSweb is proud to serve when you join our Distribution Center team.
PFS Company Statement:
PFS is a global commerce services company. We help leading brands deliver exceptional commerce experiences worldwide. We are a diverse team with distinct interests, skills, and backgrounds collaborating across all facets of commerce—from business consulting and design to technology and operations. Together, we take pride in performing at our best to produce the best possible results for our client and their clients.
- We will provide a Full Commerce Solution
- We will be World-Class at Every Service we offer
- We will engage with our clients as a Strategic Partner
MANAGER, AREA MANAGER
The Area Manager is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the warehouse with particular emphasis on the management of the warehouse personnel and the implementation of warehouse action plans. The tracking and recording of equipment hours, assurance that equipment maintenance schedules are followed, and employee meetings are conducted. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and a pleasant personality; effective memory skills; good hand eye coordination; dependability, ability to follow directions, and a strong willingness to learn.
- Plan and schedule distribution services including receiving, storing, shipping, handling returned / damaged goods, maintenance, and administrative activities to ensure customer and corporate requirements are met.
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily, weekly, monthly, and peak season labor schedules.
- Direct distribution center personnel to achieve operational objectives, meet service guideline, meet or exceed budget goals, and develop / use Key Performance Indicators to make ongoing improvements and enhancements
- Develop and maintain safe, quality focused, and productive work teams by creating programs and processes for hiring, training, coaching, development, and general awareness
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques, create programs to inform, supervise and coach associates appropriately
- Maintain and Administer appropriate and timely performance feedback and evaluations
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution, and retention of all necessary reports and records for distribution center operations
- Monitor and manage safety and housekeeping of the DC, and ensure all equipment is maintained and repaired as necessary
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement for both associates and operational processes
- Develop and maintain building Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for area of responsibility
- Cross-train and manage flex-staffing program to develop distribution center experts and maximize distribution center efficiencies
- Respond to issues via email or phone in a timely manner
- Push productivity while simultaneously controlling costs
- Provide guidance in the absent of Operations Manager
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) and 3-5 years management experience
- 3+ years in a Leadershipcapacity within a Distribution Center environment
- Ability to work all hours necessary in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Must possess ability to effectively speak before groups of team members and customers
- Ability to read and interpret documents; and ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must have ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume
- Position requires good PC skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Workforce Planning experience required
- Deliver resolution to issues and promote process improvement
- JDE/WMS knowledge required; 7.3 desired
- Effective people and planning skills required
- Computer literacy with proficiency in all Microsoft programs; proficientin Microsoft Exceland Word
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels both internally and externally
- Promote fair, safe, trained and engaged work environment
- Must complete and submit a background screening that will be conducted by the U.S. Government post hire
Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Demands
- Ability read labels, RF scanners and maneuver throughout facility without assistance
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to push or pull carts of up to 100 pounds without assistance
- Ability to climb stairs without assistance
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel and grasp products
- Must NOT be afraid of heights
- Must be able to work on a variety of warehouse floors up to 100 feet in height
- Must be about to work in a warehouse environment with a noise level up to 85dBA
Preferred Personal Characteristics
- Strong work ethic
- Setting and achieving goals
- Ability to consistently follow through.
- Positive attitude
- Self-motivated and ability to work effectively without constant supervision
- Team-oriented and ability to work collaboratively
- Effective communication and verbal skills
- Flexible and adaptable
Pre-employment background screening and drug test will be conducted.
PFSweb Inc.is an EEO/AA - M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status employer.