Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Operations Manager, Distribution is responsible for supporting the fluctuating needs of a growing organization through process improvement initiatives and short and long term strategic planning of the operations. The Operations Manager, Distribution leads cross-functional non-exempt teams to improve processes and create standard operating procedures in order to achieve financial and operational excellence. The ideal candidate has exceptional verbal and written communication skills, a history of leading multiple teams simultaneously, and driving successful results in retail, operational, service related industry and Ecommerce functions.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for managing and implementing various process improvements to help drive efficiency and service with focus on the retail stores and Ecommerce. In addition, s/he will also be responsible to establish processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness by optimizing the use of people, process and performance to achieve service excellence. This position will require a passion for leading non-exempt teams, process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to partner cross functionally and influence across all levels of the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
The Operations Manager, is a champion of Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Influences accountability to plan, execute, and achieve objectives in order to implement process improvements that align with company strategy for growth and profit
- Identifies patterns and anticipates needs to the business that will drive performance
- Delivers quality solutions that meet the constraints of time, cost, and scope
- Identifies optimal trade-offs between store labor, inventory availability and upstream expenses
- Measures the effect of process changes and accurately quantifies the impact
- Collaborates cross-functionally to launch new initiatives, and track and analyze performance
- Raises awareness of process change impact throughout the enterprise
- Facilitates proactive change management to all levels of the organization impacted by project rollouts
- Influences key stakeholders to achieve results in an autonomous manner
- Analyzes data to determine appropriate actions needed to optimize results
- Determines the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow, and recommends methods for maximum asset and people utilization
- Recommends methods for improving associate efficiency and reducing waste of time and effort, such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow and job setup
- Participates in training and testing for new systems and processes as part of implementation plan
- Lead and execute best practices to promote associate engagement and to enable a high-performing workforce to contribute to the company’s strategic growth and business objectives
- Role model behaviors aligned to a values based, guest-centric, high performing culture with an emphasis on embracing our competencies and delivering with subject matter expertise
- Partners with leadership to build culture action plans that best align to our people strategies and business initiatives
Talent Development/Leadership Development
- In partnership with DC Sr. Operations Manager and leadership team identify ways to build and implement talent capabilities at all levels while identifying opportunities for training and development
- In partnership with DC Sr. Operations Manager and leadership team participate in talent calibration, culture survey action planning, goal setting and rollout, and performance review consultation, and IDP creation and execution
- Plan and drive operational non-exempt staffing needs
- Leads building wide performance management plans in partnership with leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education and/or related field
- Previous work or educational experience related to leading and development of teams and process improvement.
- Retail management experience and/or strong understanding of typical distribution and ecommerce retail operations
- Cross functional leader of cross functional teams with diverse goals and responsibilities
- Expert level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to drive initiatives and accept accountability for leading teams, projects and quality
- Proven expert level organizational skills with the analytical ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and prioritize effectively
- Ability to quickly learn and understand business processes outside area of expertise
- Nimble and innovative in application of process improvement initiatives
- Energy, enthusiasm, and drive to continuously and proactively manage a heavy workload
- Strong computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and WMS Application
- Ability to work rotational 24/7 on-call that will support the operation at all hours
- Ability to work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to travel including overnight stays
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Exposure to distribution center conditions, which may include loud noises, variable temperatures, dusty environment, and strong scents related to cosmetics or fragrance.
- Visit stores to develop an understanding of the store experience and collaborate with field partners