Here is your opportunity to become part of the team at a stable growing 54-year-old company headquartered in Knoxville, TN. We have eight offices throughout the Southeast US and we sell and service electrical products in the manufacturing, warehousing, telecommunication, and utility power production industries. If you want to work for a company that values its employees and does not think of you as a number, this is your opportunity.
We are currently hiring DC Power Technicians, Level 4. Our DC Power Technicians are responsible for performing field activities at telecommunication central offices in support of our projects. This position reports to the Operations Manager and will be assigned to work on projects for varying lengths of time in different states. Overnight travel is required.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with Operations Manager and Technicians to develop appropriate MOPs (methods of procedures) for work to be performed at customer sites.
- Perform battery testing, site audits, preventative maintenance, battery and equipment installations at customer sites in accordance with limited onsite supervision.
- Perform site surveys, power and other site audits as well as quality control of other technician’s activities.
- Work with other team members and cross-functionality in implementing, reviewing, and enhancing the corporate-customer/supplier business relationship to support a geographically diverse clientele.
- Perform battery and DC power plant installations and hot cutovers. Maintain power plant operations.
- Read and interpret all equipment manuals, wiring diagrams, schematic diagrams and mark/correct office layout drawings.
- Test and verify alarms and connect simple alarms.
- Support the development, documentation and review of training manuals and materials on best practices for the programs being supported. Generate and distribute periodic operational reports to customers.
- Proactively communicate major concerns and develop prompt solutions. Build and enhance customer relationships.
- Provide status updates to other Field Operation team members as requested.
- Good computer skills which must include Excel, PowerPoint and photo editing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Ability to learn to recognize radio and power components.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be willing to work day, evening or night hours, emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as requested.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds, climb stairs/ladders and be able to work in uncomfortable positions to accomplish tasks. Good hand/eye coordination.
- Must have 5 plus years of related technical training /experience.
- Requires valid state driver’s license, or CDL, whichever is applicable.
- Must pass satisfactory driving record check.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid time off and holidays, 401k as well as many other benefits. Company provides all tools, vehicles, uniforms, computers, and phones. All travel expenses are provided by the company.
Candidates must have a clean driving record and will be required to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.