PFS Company Statement:
PFS is a global commerce services company. We help leading brands deliver exceptional commerce experiences worldwide. We are a diverse team with distinct interests, skills, and backgrounds collaborating across all facets of commerce—from business consulting and design to technology and operations. Together, we take pride in performing at our best to produce the best possible results for our client and their clients.
- We will provide a Full Commerce Solution
- We will be World-Class at Every Service we offer
- We will engage with our clients as a Strategic Partner
MANAGER, SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for motivating and developing a team to ensure all Standard Operating Procedures are followed and Business Operating System metrics are exceeded on a daily and monthly basis. This person will contribute to development of the distribution center’s strategy and tactics while ensuring compliance with company and regulatory policies and requirements. Provides direction and leadership to the management team ensure a high-level of employee engagement and development is maintained. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and a pleasant personality; effective memory skills; good hand eye coordination; dependability, ability to follow directions, and a strong willingness to learn.
- Drive processes which may influence the direction of other areas.
- Develop and implement short- and long-range goals and operational plans to achieve designated site objectives, while maintaining or increasing overall site's efficiency.
- Ensure necessary resources, i.e., staffing, training and equipment, are available.
- Model and utilize tools to develop individuals at the site, such as feedback, appreciative and constructive feedback, to ensure that team members are making the connection between these tools and their performance and individual development plans.
- Support the development and implementation of Daily Staff Planning/Site adherence process (shipment-driven functions only).
- Ensure that all communication between management and non-exempt employees is established and maintained.
- Work in conjunction with Human Resources and operations management to avoid and troubleshoot associate relations issues.
- Review existing operation to determine what improvements can be made with particular attention being paid to areas that allow for cost reduction, speed and improved customer service.
- Ensure that all required volumes of orders are processed within the distribution/fulfillment center according to pre-established standards of quality, efficiency and costs.
- Ensure that the site achieves all inventory accuracy metrics as they relate to order fulfillment at the site, including cycle count accuracy, shipping, receiving and packing accuracy.
- Execution of all HR policies and procedures and adherence to those policies and procedures.
- Enforcement of a safe work environment with compliance to all safety procedures and OSHA regulations.
- Achievement of budgeted, productive direct labor standards as measured by established budgets. Responsible for non-labor cost accounts. Annual budget tracking.
- Responsible for communicating the corporate strategies and the development of the departmental strategies.
- Make independent decisions, which have major day to day impact in the area of responsibility and may influence direction of other areas.
- Overall operational accountability for multiple or complex activities and projects.
- Overall financial accountability for multiple or complies activities and projects.
- Defined the budget for associated activities.
- Provides formal counseling and mentoring to staff.
- Salary Administration responsibility for a functional area or group.
- Maintain relationships with clients while establishing new relationships.
- Accountable for overall quality of a project or function and customer satisfaction.
- Defines/creates new client solutions.
- Responsible for developing new functionality to gain additional revenue.
- Capable of defining profit/cost model for functional areas.
- Provide guidance in the absent of Executive Leadership
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) preferred
- 7 years in a Leadership capacity with a Distribution Center environment.
- Ability to interact and communicate with Senior Management both internally and externally.
- Must have broad industry knowledge.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in all operational and Microsoft programs
- Technical knowledge of distribution, operations, and systems including WMS, transportation, automated packaging and storage equipment is required.
- Excellent analytical skills and be capable of handling a variety of issues, problems and priorities simultaneously, while having the ability to foster a positive work environment by promoting teamwork, open communication and corporate culture.
- Ability to work all hours necessary in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Must possess ability to effectively speak before groups of team members and customers
- Ability to read and interpret documents; and ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must have ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume
- Position requires good PC skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint)
- P&L experience strongly preferred
- Client facing experience required
- Project Management/Process Improvement skills a must
- Workforce Planning experience required
- Deliver resolution to issues and promote process improvement
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Deliver resolution to issues and promote process improvement
- JDE/WMS knowledge required; 7.3 desired
- Effective people and planning skills required
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels both internally and externally
- Promote fair, safe, trained and engaged work environment
- Must complete and submit a background screening that will be conducted by the U.S. Government post hire
Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Demands
- Ability read labels, RF scanners and maneuver throughout facility without assistance
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to push or pull carts of up to 100 pounds without assistance
- Ability to climb stairs without assistance
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel and grasp products
- Must NOT be afraid of heights
- Must be able to work on a variety of warehouse floors up to 100 feet in height
- Must be about to work in a warehouse environment with a noise level up to 85dBA
Preferred Personal Characteristics
- Strong work ethic
- Setting and achieving goals
- Ability to consistently follow through.
- Positive attitude
- Self-motivated and ability to work effectively without constant supervision
- Team-oriented and ability to work collaboratively
- Effective communication and verbal skills
- Flexible and adaptable
Pre-employment background screening and drug test will be conducted.
PFSweb Inc.is an EEO/AA - M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status employer.