Looking to make a genuine difference in someone's life? Apply today!�
The Rock Creek Foundation, which remains part of the Affiliated Sant� Group today, pioneered the community-based treatment of individuals with both psychiatric needs and developmental disabilities, employing values-based management services. Those services included the first private fee-for-service outpatient mental health center and psychiatric rehabilitation program in the State of Maryland. Rock Creek�s ground-breaking treatment and service delivery strategies were praised by the President�s Committee on Mental Retardation in 1979 as a �program of national significance.� At the time, direct state funding and grants were not available to enable low-income individuals and families to access such innovative services. RCF�s commitment to serving all populations led the organization to secure Medicaid funding for such services, a new use of Medicaid funds at the time.
We are currently seeking Residential Counselor(s), who will be responsible for medication administration, TX plan implementation and household duties. The hourly rate for this position starts at $13.�
- High School Diploma and one (1) year of related experience.
- Able to obtain DDA med administration.
- Must possess a valid driver�s license with less than two (2) points as well as current automobile insurance.
- Must have access to a vehicle to use for business purposes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Availability to work nights and weekends.
- Assists in planning recreational activities.
- Counsels residents in identifying and resolving social or other problems.
- Compiles records of daily activities of residents. Writes and submits incident reports as needed.
- Supervises group-sponsored trips and social functions.
- Ascertains need for and secures services of physician.
- Answers telephone and sorts and distributes mail.
- Escorts individuals on trips outside establishment for shopping or to obtain medical or dental services.
- Plans menus.
- Comply with COMAR, MHP and company regulations.
- Implement resident rehabilitation plans and record appropriate data.
- Record and submit all necessary documentation for billing.
- Other duties may be assigned
Rock Creek Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.�Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.�Rock Creek Foundation participates in E-Verify.