Open Sky Community Services is a human service agency that provides counseling services and treatment options to people diagnosed with a mental illness or developmental disability. The Activities Specialist works day hours from 8a-4p, Monday-Friday and supports adults with a developmental disability within a Day Habilitation setting. Wrentham Community Connections is a Day Hab program currently assisting adutls between the ages of 23-66 with a primary diagnosis of intellectual disabilities. Most participants require supportive structures and staff assistance to maximize their involvement in activities in the building as well as in the local community. Services and supports provided to participants include, but are not limited to, occupational therapy, speech therapy, physical therapy, nursing oversight, functional skill development, communication, socialization, community membership and self-advocacy.
Open Sky Community Services agency provides generous time off, starting at 27 days your first year. Open Sky ialso provides various free trainings, yearly salary increases and room for advancement. Our agency is an eligible employer for the public Student Loan forgiveness Program, as well as provides tuition reimbursement and will fully compensate for some certifications, including a CNA certification.
Activities Specialists ensure a supportive and structured environment, while providing guidance, advocacy, and teaching life skills for individuals served within the Day Program. Specialists educate through the creation and implementation of individualized service plans, daily curriculum/activities, as well as with a focus on community integration.
Additionally, Activities Specialists will:
- Implement all procedures that ensure the health, safety and well being of all individuals
- Review and complete required documentation
- Assist individuals with access/or provide transportation
- Assist individuals with personal care
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED/HiSET.
- Valid driver's license for a minimum of 3 years
- Drug test required
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with developmentally disabled individuals or BA Degree