The Manager, DEA Regulations ensures that Expert Solutions is in compliance with regulatory agencies in-cluding in-house policies and procedures related to DEA regulatory driven programs. The primary respon-sibilities include accountability for Controlled Substance and other Compliance programs not limited to in-terpreting federal and local regulations, managing daily operations, ensuring practices and procedures are in place, and maintaining and submitting documentation and communication to regulatory agencies.
Key Job Activities:
1) Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient staff and coaches/counsels as appropriate with company policies and procedures. Also monitors operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structures and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
2) Provide oversight of DEA controlled substance practices and procedures including product receipt, processing, and destruction and reporting. Evaluate the efficiency of regulatory controls and improve them continuously.
3) Interprets local and global regulations and ensures company processes are in alignment.
4) Accountable for documenting regulatory policies and procedures and ensures they are implemented and communicated. Draft, modify and implement policies and procedures related to compliance activities where needed.
5) Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks.
6) Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes.
7) File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
8) Prepare monthly management reports regarding operations and progress, including monthly department metrics.
9) Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
Liaison with DEA or other regulatory agencies as needed to support reporting requirements or requesting updates on permits, submissions, etc.
10)Participates in the year-end physical count and compile reconciled data.
11)Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed. Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues when needed
12)Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in related work experience.
Four or more years of management experience, preferably in manufacturing or distribution demonstrating the ability to manage people in a logistics environment.
In depth knowledge of DEA regulations, resources and certification is required.