Responsible for the accuracy and professional, proficient dealing of table games according to the Company’s policies and procedures and in compliance with Gaming regulations.
Pearl River Resort Associates are required, on a continual basis to…
Adhere to any and all company and departmental policies, practices and procedures.
Contribute to a safe work environment, through compliance with established safety guidelines, identifying potential safety hazards, and reporting same to the appropriate person for proper resolution.
Maintain a professional departmental, company and community reputation.
Responsible for the protection and control of the game being dealt, including but not limited to Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini-Baccarat and Baccarat or any other game approved for play by the Choctaw Gaming Commission.
- Conducts the games in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, handling player transactions and notifying Pit Manager of any irregularities.
- Advises Pit Manager or Casino Floor Supervisor of any player disputes or arguments that may arise during the game.
- Informs Pit Manager or other personnel of any important or relevant facts regarding specific players and their action.
- Maintains a professional, friendly and courteous atmosphere providing the customer with a pleasant gaming experience, and notifying Casino Floor Supervisor of any customer needs i.e., cocktails, Host Service, etc.
- Promotes departmental and property wide promotions.
- Knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, etc.) and attendant regulations as well as the Company’s internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Leads by setting a positive example to all Associates.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AGE and GAMING:
21 years of age or above
Gaming property – Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license issued by the Choctaw Gaming Commission.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED is preferred.
Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills one (1) year’s previous experience as a table games dealer or must have successfully completed a dealer’s school. Auditions may be given to test stated abilities. Must have successfully completed Title 31 training.
Dealers will be required to have certification and pass an audition for one of the following game combinations within one year of employment:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as deal and stand for two (2) hour intervals, grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of twenty five (25) pounds on an intermittent basis, walk or stand for 100% of the assign shift and have sufficient dexterity of bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling required throughout shift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is loud. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment (tobacco).
Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Associates must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.