Cargill views Decision Support as a key extension of FP&A, providing financial analysis to drive value for the business. Decision support uses data and analysis to generate a deep understanding of business performance, enhance decision making, and drive action. This requires strong partnership with FP&A, Accounting & Finance, and key business partners. This position will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and key financial contact for their focus area. Primary accountabilities will include Business Operations and Supply Chain (BOSC) analysis, ad hoc management reporting, forecasts, benchmarking, volume and margin analysis. This position must be able to multi-task and manage multiple requests at various times. Critical skills in analysis, communication of information, ability to build trust, and challenging the status quo will be vital to the success of this role. This role will also be expected to advise and coach a team of diverse analysts through cross-training and continuous learning.
50% -Financial Planning & Analysis - Decision Support:
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) that provides decision support to the business and FP&A team.
• Partner with FP&A to develop analysis that leads to actionable insights to improve performance.
• Partner with the business as a key financial contact for BOSC analysis, product/customer profitability, and other analysis.
• Integrate new KPIs and metrics into dashboards and assist the MI team (Management Information) in validating and delivering clear information.
• Create and analyze forecasts, budgets, and performance metrics that impact business plans and the S&OP process. Conduct driver analysis (volume, price, mix, cost) and capital investment review.
• Monitor financial performance including SGA, working capital, and competitive excellence. Propose opportunities to drive improvement.
• Benchmark - understand, translate, and provide insight into business performance against competitor & industry trends. Connect the dots and drive improvement with follow-up actions.
• Assist on M&A financial modeling and analysis as requested.
25% - Continuous Improvement:
• Proactively identify and implement process simplification and improvements for decision support.• Advise MI team (Management Information) on reporting standardization projects across the business to meet the needs of A&F, FP&A, and the Protein Group.
• Validate effective, accurate, and automated delivery of key reports by partnering with MI team.
• Learn new tools as needed to monitor business activities and aid in decision making.
• Collaborate across Cargill to create and leverage best practices
25% - Finance Leadership and Adhoc Projects:
• Facilitate Decision Support analysis across the entire Protein Group.
• Advise, lead, and develop team members through cross-training and continuous learning.
• Partner with peers in A&F and FP&A to achieve the finance strategy and strategic goals of the business.
• As the SME, proactively identify and communicate key performance trends and risks to Finance leadership.
• Participate and manage ad hoc projects as requested.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field
• Minimum of 8 years of work-related experience
• Proven ability to lead and coach a high-performing team
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, influence, and build trust without direct authority
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven experience managing multiple priorities on deadlines
• Self-starter with continuous improvement mindset
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to understand the business (products/services, customers, processes) and their key drivers of success (how they make money, what the business costs are)
• Demonstrates high degree of curiosity. Invest time and energy into learnings. Seeks different points of view and perspectives
• Ability to communicate, influence and build trust across multiple stakeholder groups
• Proven ability to take initiative to independently analyze and solve complex problems
• Ability to work successfully in both a team environment and independently
• Demonstrated leadership skills – must be able to manage projects to successful conclusion
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to see the broad picture and coach team members
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills