Decision Support/Financial Analyst 1
Req #: 2360
Facility:Asante Corporate - Medford
Department: DECISION SUPPORT (4000-81703)
Shift/Schedule:1st Shift - Days
Hours: Full-time / Exempt. Monday - Friday.
Salary: Typical starting range is $59,000 to $73,757 (based on years of relevant experience)
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion.
Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality -- the top rating given. In fact, Asante accounts for three of the five Oregon hospitals to achieve this rare honor.
The Decision Support Analyst 1 (Financial Analyst) is responsible for learning and developing mastery in the implementation, audit, maintenance, operation and upgrading of the decision support system and, as applicable, the external benchmarking system. The DS Analyst 1 performs basic financial, reimbursement, clinical, and operational analysis.
As Decision Support Analyst 1 for Asante you will have the opportunity to:
- Ensure the Decision Support system is fully functional, accurate and ties to its feeder systems so that all other analysts can use information from this system to produce accurate analyses to guide Asante management and clinical staff in analyzing, understanding and choosing between options in order to meet the strategic goals of the organization
- Ensure that the system is fully functional and accurate in order to help other analysts and Asante management identify departments and processes that could be streamlined to become more efficient and cost effective
- Prepare basic clinical and financial analyses on topics requested by administrative and clinical personnel in order for the requestor to clearly understand the current situation, current practices and the effects of proposed alternatives thus aiding the decision-maker in selecting an alternative and establishing goals, objectives and performance measurements for the project
- Develop and maintain positive communications and relationships to meet the needs of Asantes staff and external contacts in order to more clearly describe our current situation, proposed alternatives and the results of analyses to aid decision making and selection of alternatives regarding Asantes future direction
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related field or the equivalent in education/experience (typically at least 4 years of additional and relevant experience if no degree) is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, to include intermediate to advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, SQL and Outlook required
- Comfort working with mainframe or mid-range computer systems required
- Knowledge of database concepts and ability to apply professional principles to effectively summarize data required
- Experience with cost accounting, finance, strategic planning, reimbursement or system implementation, preferred
- Experience using report writer, SQL and query logic, preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence Respect Honesty Service Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.