Serve as driver's representative in operations. Manage drivers performance in identified categories and be primary/secondary communication link to drivers. Work to achieve optimum driver and customer satisfaction. To ensure responsibility for the normal duties of the customer service associate position, along with providing backup to the customer service manager in the respective region. Persons in this position will be accountable for customer inquiries, load solicitations and service reporting.
1. Communication to driver including, but not limited to, load information, advances, purchase orders, maintenance coordination, performance counseling and dissemination of general company news and information.
2. Responsible for assisting and/or managing of part/all of a fleet including, but not limited to effective management for optimum performance in the following categories:
* On-time pickup and delivery performance
* Pallet Management
* Out of Route Miles
* Hours of Service Compliance
* Driver Availability
* Accommodation of special routing needs
* Cost Control
3. Ensure that each driver has an adequate understanding of all details of customer and company expectations on each
load at the point of dispatch.
4. Daily accounting of all assigned trucks and drivers
5. Record details and direction on all loads booked for the assigned area
6. Act as a substitute for the customer service manager in
a manner, which is seamless and transparent to our customer
7. Supervise and monitor trailer pools in the respected market
8. Promptly and logically secure loading and/or unloading appointments
9. Communicate any problems encountered to the regional manager or customer service manager
10. Aggressively pursue and expand knowledge of other positions and functions in an effort to broaden your own ability and scope as related to career development
11. Maintain and monitor the service levels provided to Marten's customers as required and outlined by our sales and marketing department
12. Perform routine solicitations of customer base, by telephone or other forms of communication
13. Delegate duties and train customer service associates
14. Other duties as assigned
Daily interaction with operations personnel, drivers, shippers, consignees, and sales.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to a handle a fast pace work environment
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at the same time
Ability to isolate and solve problems efficiently
Sitting for long periods, manual dexterity for data entry, stooping, bending for filing, and light to moderate lifting.
Bachelor degree in business, logistics, marketing, or other related majors, or applicable experience.