Job ID#: 24281BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Senior Staff Software Developer (Deep Learning)
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Deep Learning Software Engineer to support our Software division in Poway, CA.
With general supervision and regular review, researches, designs, develops and/or modifies Deep Learning Applications. Contributes in planning of Deep Learning application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluates integration of software and deep learning applications with the overall computing environment. Responsible for documentation, testing, maintenance, and software updates. Communicates with domain experts, users, and management throughout the software development lifecycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine technical objectives for deep learning requirements and specifications
- Development and implementation of Deep Learning software solutions including language, coding, platform, resource requirements, testing, and documentation
- Analyze and Research new AI trends and solutions
- Data gathering, analysis, and preparation, for the purposes of training and optimization of models for various use cases
- Research state of the art supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning approaches to Object Detection, Natural Language Processing and novel environments.
- Plan for future AI applications based on new developments in the AI community/industry
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a Bachelor's degree, ten or more years of experience with a Master's degree, or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a detailed and extensive expertise of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate extensive expertise and application of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other departments, customers, government representatives, and/or professionals; the capability of representing the organization as a prime technical contact and the ability to provide leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Must be customer focused, able to work on a self-initiated basis or in a team environment and, able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Experience in Neural Networks/Deep Learning.
- Experience with Convolutional and Recurrent Neural Networks.
- Experience with at least one of the frameworks: Tensorflow/Caffe/PyTorch/MXNet.
- Understanding in holistic problem solving ( identify problem, come up with a plan, gathering data, implement and train model, tuning, evaluate solution, optimize models).
- Understanding of the state of the art machine and deep learning algorithms, techniques, and best practices.
- Preferred Experience with Object Recognition and Natural Language Processing.
- Preferred knowledge of Transfer and Reinforcement Learning.
- Strong Python and C/C skills.
- Ability to find solutions in academic papers and translate the solution into software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong background in Statistics and linear algebra.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective interface with other departments and/or professionals.
- U.S. citizenship and the ability to qualify for Secret Clearance is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? No