Job Title: Deli Clerk
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Deli Manager
Maintains stock levels in the deli department by replenishing products as needed. Execute the boomerang theory by providing exceptional service to all guests.
Deli Associates make mealtime easy! The deli can help give back time to our guest’s families by offering convenient, delicious and ready-to-eat meals!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assist guests with finding items they are looking for on or off the sales floor
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Answers the telephone and assists guests using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received, if in need further assistance, bring concern to Deli Manager
- Watches over service case
- Quality control
- Makes sure products are rotated, using first in first out method
- Garnish product
- Makes sure case and everything around it is clean and tidy; no messes or spills
- Be sure to have “New Item” signs and change out signs if things are on sale to the correct price
- Inventory and Temperatures
- Take temperatures of everything regularly
- Fill cupboards with containers, lids, spoons, tags, etc.
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: slicers, proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, and baler
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Full range of upper body motion
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- The Deli Clerk is an hourly Part-Time position
- The shift to be worked will vary, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
Friendly associates and clean stores! Those are just two things we take great pride in every day at Festival Foods, but especially during this unprecedented time. As an essential business, we are deeply committed to supporting our communities while continuing to maintain a safe environment for all guests and associates.
keywords: #ind2020 retail food service grocery stocker associate customer service 3rd shift morning hiring immediately temporary front end cashier fast paced fast food restaurant