Business Analyst, Product Delivery
Location: Irvine, CA
Full time Permanent
Smart Energy Water is seeking a technologically astute, highly energetic and customer focused lead to join our team as a Senior Analyst for our Delivery Team. Smart Energy Water is a leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform for Customer Engagement, Mobile Workforce and Big Data Analytics for the Energy and Utility sector. Energy and water utilities improve their customer service, operational efficiency, and maximize revenue realization through the SEW platform applications leveraging mobile and cloud technologies. We are a fast-paced company that provides comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k + Match, Group Life Insurance, Holidays, PTO, Gym, Supplemental Healthcare), a dynamic culture, and many opportunities for career growth.
The Business Analyst role is responsible for managing the SEW product implementation lifecycle and integration with client systems in a simple to complex projects.
The Business Analyst is expected to be able to manage all work utilizing project management methodologies including waterfall, agile, and iterative lifecycles.
Sr. Analyst, Product Delivery must have technical implementation experience and managing internal administration for product delivery.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in requirements gathering, gap analysis, technical product development or project management;
- Strong ability to prioritize between tasks; and
- Experience working within a structured project environment
Technical Skills Required
- Knowledge of technical software product/application and integration implementations;
- Experience working with web services, data analytics, reporting and data mapping;
- Knowledge of software development/network architecture/security protocols;
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, and Microsoft Project;
- Possess a general understanding of the appropriate domain technologies and processes (e.g. document management, change management, schedule management, etc.); and
- Previous experience with a software product or consulting company is a definite plus.
Business Skills Required
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple technical projects simultaneously;
- Superior professional presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Must be versatile to manage project stakeholders and a background in developing and maintaining effective communication with executive level stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to lead and motivate project team members including but not limited to Ability to understand the client’s business process and;
- Understand and work within IT policies and strategies implemented at different client organizations;
- Minimum 3+ years of enterprise software implementation or technical consulting experience; startup and SaaS experience strongly preferred;
- Highly process driven and detail oriented. Ability to gather requirements and manage detailed project timelines;
- Able to operate independently on integration initiatives and coordinate work streams across distributed teams; and
- Aptitude and ability for learning new technologies and highly complex systems quickly;
- Bachelors from an accredited university. Master’s degree preferred. Coursework in analytical or critical thinking-intensive subjects (Relevant degrees: Computer Science, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, etc.)