As a Delivery Assurance Specialist (DAS), you will be working as a vital link between the Prime Aerospace customers and their supplier base to improve delivery performance by tracking, validating, expediting and reporting real time part delivery status. Applicants must have solid manufacturing experience with focus on root cause analysis and effective interpersonal communication skills with the ability to develop strong relationships.
• Track the flow of critical/hot parts through the suppliers manufacturing shop from the raw material phase, through manufacturing, quality, shipping and delivery to the customer.
• Proactively work with the supplier to monitor all parts to support On-time deliveries to our aerospace customers
• Drive actions to mitigate potential delivery delays by identifying risks, performing root cause analysis and development of recovery plans to bring shipments back in-line with customer requirements
• Create daily status reports and communicate actions and plans to all stakeholders with our customers, prime aerospace manufacturers throughout the day
• Monitor production operations and identify manufacturing process improvement opportunities
• Prepare presentations and lead meetings
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Manufacturing Experience – 5-10 years, preferably in Machine Shop/Sheet Metal
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in supply chain management, production control, procurement, business, quality assurance or related field (preferred qualification)
· Experience working on process improvement teams or possess Six Sigma certification (preferred)
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (2010 Excel basic skills required)
· Strong interpersonal communication and problem solving skills
· Reliable transportation - must have current/active drivers' license
· Fluent English – reading and writing is required
· U.S. citizenship required
About the Company:
Supplier Management Solutions (SMS) is a growing company in the aerospace industry and we are seeking qualified candidates that are customer service driven with a strong desire to produce quality results while helping to continue building and developing relationships with our customers and their respective suppliers. SMS is based on decades of experience in supply chain management “to bring parts home on-time, every time.” SMS has proven our ability to provide an exemplary service to some of the industry's largest aerospace companies. Our approach helps make part shortages a thing of the past, giving value to our customers. SMS has a domestic presence in over 40 states and six countries internationally including Canada, Mexico, Australia, Denmark, UK and the Netherlands. We are growing rapidly and our current expansion includes Italy, Germany and France.
Supplier Management Solutions, Inc. (SMS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration. Except where otherwise provided by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.